Images
    Country
    Singapore

Brand new solenoid, everything works except cylinder pressure gauge

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just got a new ANS solenoid from C328 last night. When I turned on the main valve on cylinder, I could hear pressure & the working pressure gauge instantly turned to 30psi, but the cylinder pressure gauge is still showing 0.

You can see on my photo below, the cylinder pressure shows 0, but everything else is working normally, there are bubbles coming out from diffuser like normal.

Previously I only had a single gauge (working pressure only) solenoid, so I'm not familiar with 2 gauge solenoid. Is this faulty?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Brand new solenoid, everything works except cylinder pressure gauge

Brought the co2 tank & solenoid to Bioplast to check, turned out it was already empty, lol. Which is weird coz I just refilled less than 1 mth ago. Either they didn't refilled fully or leaked.

Now the cylinder pressure gauge finally shows 1000psi. Oh, well.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

The left side shows the pressure inside the tank, while the right shows the working pressure.
    It will show 1000 ~ 1200 as long as there's liquid co2 inside. As for the right side, most regulators are fixed and cannot be changed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by qngwn View Post
    The left side shows the pressure inside the tank, while the right shows the working pressure.
    It will show 1000 ~ 1200 as long as there's liquid co2 inside. As for the right side, most regulators are fixed and cannot be changed.
    Yes I'm fully aware of that.

Its just that cylinder pressure was 0, which indicated empty tank, BUT the working pressure was still showing 30psi & the diffuser was still dispensing CO2 bubbles for 1 full day.
    Which is why it puzzled me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hencpu View Post
    ...Its just that cylinder pressure was 0, which indicated empty tank, ... & the diffuser was still dispensing CO2 bubbles for 1 full day...
    So it's as if an empty CO2 canister can still dispense some CO2? When you say that the diffuser can still dispense as per normal for 1 full day, you mean the BPS never decrease even slightly? Btw, hencpu, how come your gauges+solenoid is mounted horizontally on top of your canister?
    Last edited by ralliart12; 21st Oct 2012 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    So it's as if an empty CO2 canister can still dispense some CO2? When you say that the diffuser can still dispense as per normal for 1 full day, you mean the BPS never decrease even slightly? Btw, hencpu, how come your gauges+solenoid is mounted horizontally on top of your canister?
    It probably did, because when I came home late at night, I noticed the working pressure needled already dropped from 30psi to 0. That's when I suspected the tank was really empty. Because on my previous refilled I didn't weight the tank nor did I have a solenoid that shows cylinder pressure.

My canister is 1L one.