Country
    Singapore

Raising of Discus Fries

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear Bro or Sis,

Do you care to share how will you raise a discus brood of fries if you have ever experienced before?

What are the things to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Raising of Discus Fries

I have few years of exp in raising discus fries. However my husbandry might be different from yours. Let me summarize in pointers for easy reading
    1) i have a clean tank with the discus pair and ofcoz the eggs. White eggs means dead and black means ok
    2) When there is egggs. i actually change around like 20% of water per day and feed very little.(using blood worms instead of the usual beef heart which foul the water)
    3) The fries will eat the muscus of the parents for around 3 wks
    4) Prepare brime shrimp in week 3. You can google where to get brine shrimp eggs and how to feed them. check out youtube
    5) Let the fries be with the parents until week 5-6. ofcoz this depends. usually u will see the fries are starting to form fish like features and live on brine shrimp.
    6) If they are somehow away from their parents and not depending on them for food. Remove the parents and place in another tank.
    7) week 10-12. try to introduce beef heart or other discus food but not blood worms. they are too big for consumption at this point of time. Btw blood forms here refer to frozen blood worms free of parasites
    Vola. treat them as adults.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I feed back bits of BH or PH and do 80% WC daily after 3 weeks, you will see their growth rate.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

I will like to suggest that don"t change water often And try to feed them less In result water will not change its color and will remain cleaner for long time And don"t try to touch them as they are senstive

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by william104 View Post
    I will like to suggest that don"t change water often And try to feed them less In result water will not change its color and will remain cleaner for long time And don"t try to touch them as they are senstive
    Discus needs clean water includes fries to grow.If feed less they will get stunt.
    Last edited by coolgear101; 27th Dec 2012 at 01:41. Reason: added comment

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

w.c daily and feed more if possible