Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Does hairGrass need alot of light?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Does hairGrass need alot of light?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Does 1w/Gallon of light is needed for growing a carpet of hair grass in the foregroung of my tank? or perhaps 1.5w/gallon??? Pls help... And what other plants can be use to grow into a carpet in the foreground of my tank that does not require a lot of light..... PLS ADVICE!!!!! Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hairgrass probably can do with about 1.5-2 W/gal. It is gonna be a little slow.

I have tried Hermianthus callitrichiodes with good results in a low light (~1.5W/gal) tank.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Does hairGrass need alot of light?

[quote:cad94f6950="mao1987"]Does 1w/Gallon of light is needed for growing a carpet of hair grass in the foregroung of my tank? or perhaps 1.5w/gallon??? Pls help... And what other plants can be use to grow into a carpet in the foreground of my tank that does not require a lot of light..... PLS ADVICE!!!!! Thanks[/quote:cad94f6950]

Another easy plant that form carpet is E.tenellus.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thank You for your reply!!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, E. tennelus can be grown without CO2 injection and not too much light.

mao1987, may I suggest that you have a look through the forum threads, the Aquatic FAQ forum, and the newbie guide in the planted forum for information on setting up planted tanks and plant databases, in order to understand what is needed to succeed. This will help you learn more, and then if there are things over which you are still unclear, please post your questions.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What is Hermianthus callitrichiodes? I cant find it.... By the way,does hair grass survive in low light tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do try to learn how to find information using the forum's wonderful database and tools. For one, there is the Search function. There is also a Flora Album where you can search for plants alphabetically (the spelling though should actually Hemianthus..., while many people refer to it as HC for short ).... hairgrass belongs to the genus Eleocharis... Use this album database and the forum search function and I bet you will find the information you need.