Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

riccia on 2 ft tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    have send my lighting to nature for modification to 32 w x 2. have order few pcs of riccia from nature.plan to have only riccia in my 2 ft tank. so here i would like to ask;
    1. after laying the riccia in the tank, how long should it be be4 i release fishes to the tank( believe it will take quite a while be4 the riccia to be full grow)
    2, heard that riccia need only liquid fertilizer. so how often i need to add the fertilizer. thank

mario

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If your tank i fully cycled, you can add the fish in anytime. However, bottom feeders should be avoided if you're growing riccia
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You'll probably want to cycle your tank with some cheap plants before you put in stuff like riccia... else risk algae on riccia which is gonna be a pain...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what do you mean by 'cycle your tank'? well, you see, actually i have plants in this 2ft tank and i intend to remove all of them and plant only riccia.
    so i don't know if i need to replace the soil and sand, as well as clean the the filter. can these items remain?i just remove all water and plants, make level the sand and lay in the riccia whaen i got them?

thank

mario

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/10/2002 10:38:22 AM

what do you mean by 'cycle your tank'? well, you see, actually i have plants in this 2ft tank and i intend to remove all of them and plant only riccia.
    so i don't know if i need to replace the soil and sand, as well as clean the the filter. can these items remain?i just remove all water and plants, make level the sand and lay in the riccia whaen i got them?

thank

mario

----------------
    If you already have plants in the tank...assuming that you have had this setup for more than 2-3 weeks liao... then it is probably cycled...

For a better understanding of what cycling is... go to http://www.aquahobby.com/tips/ciclo.html.

You dun need to replace or clean anything just becoz you are going to put riccia in the tank.. you probably might want to adopt a phased approach... slowing replacing your existing plants with riccia rather than the big bang approach.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can also check out www.thekrib.com, they have almost everything on planted tanks