Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Any expert here managed to cross-breed two difference species of killies?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any expert here managed to cross-breed two difference species of killies?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I was wondering any expert here managed to cross-breed two difference species of killies here? And these are my questions :-

1) Which two species you managed to cross-breed?
    2) And how did the hybrid look like (any photo)?
    3) Did the hybrid managed to survive for next generation breeding?
    4) Beside cross-breeding with the same family, can the killies cross-breed with Mollies or other range of similar fishes like guppies? Sorry for my madness, just wondering is this possible?

I browse some killies and panchax over the net and realised that the wild panchax cross-breed with the red and the yellow panchax and produced a mixture of both species. Did anyone here cross-breed the red and the yellow panchax?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Any expert here managed to cross-breed two difference species of killies?

bro i think cross breed is not good for any animal....

just like lion cross with tigers.... it makes worse for tigers which are going extinct...
    just a personal thought.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can't x breed an egg layer and a live bearer, just like you can't x breed a bubble nester and a mouth brooder in the betta scene.

X breed is essential when the captive breed gene pool has depleted and doing so will ensure contnuation of some strain, albeit not the original line (something better than nothing).

Some prefer to keep the line pure for its own beauty and already well accepted look.

I am ok to x breed if the intent is to experiment to improve on certain defficiencies of certain trait and increase its beauty but purely for the hobby world of fish keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro John and bro akillifan,

I was just wondering is this possible since we human already cross-breed. Hahaha!
    I have the Thai blood in me too although I look entirely like a Chinese outside (I speak fluent Chinese too!) - surprise found of my life.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

er... bro
    all humans are homo sapiens. just different colors...lolx

but killifish eg: golden wonder and blue phanax are different. so i think should not hyrbid.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The other day i read that the race caucasian and aryan have different bone structure, so, they are not precisely the same as other homo sapiens.even human do have slight variations too....sorry, i digressed. ;-)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro Akillifan,

I am so glad you found this info - I knew it some time ago but I do not want to put it up here to cause further confusion.
    You will be surprised to know that there are 7 strains of the human race (one of them is a giant race with extra fingers).
    And some of them are not human at all walking on the street without even being detected.
    I believe by now, not all the human are from the original PURE line.

So, in this regard, condemning the unpure killies fish (cross-breed) is like condemning the same genre.
    Unless you believe some human are better than another (pure is better than cross-breed).
    I widened my aspect of hybrids into human race beside the killie fish.

PS : Not only their bone structure is difference but their DNA is also difference.
    PS : People will laiugh at me when I say "BIGFOOT is also another strain of the human race!"
    PS : You will be even more surprised when you know that the universe is seeded with many cross-breed beings too (Human cross-breeded with Lion race people) but they all live in peace and respecting each race whether they are pure or hybrids.
    Last edited by piperon; 14th Nov 2012 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

THREAD CLOSED!

Since cross-breeding topics can bring up a lot of unpleasant debate, I will close this thread for good.
    Please do not post any more comment here, thanks a million.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A can of worms is best left as they are. Thread closed.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee