Images
    Country
    Singapore

about Glossostigma

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi again, bought glossostigma from petmart yesterday. it;s so difficult to plant it. it's like in a ball of string, it's so difficult. i just separate the individual plant is it correct? that means by division... hope it's correct? just planted a few (spaced out) will it cover the entire empty space in future?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    just make sure you push the individial plantlets till only the leaves are exposed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Is it a demanding plant as in tempetature requirements ? I believe I can feed sufficient CO2 and light in my 2 ft tank but not temp. Currently, my Riccia as a lawn plant is doing very well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/10/2002 10:48:56 AM

Is it a demanding plant as in tempetature requirements ? I believe I can feed sufficient CO2 and light in my 2 ft tank but not temp. Currently, my Riccia as a lawn plant is doing very well.
    ----------------
    No... only thing is the potential algae problem with the small leaves... especially with BBA...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My Glosso are creeping ok except the leave are quite small and yellowish. What is the best fertilizer for this plant so that it can grow into big and green leave?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/10/2002 2:09:40 PM

My Glosso are creeping ok except the leave are quite small and yellowish. What is the best fertilizer for this plant so that it can grow into big and green leave?
    ----------------
    I dun think its the type of fertilizer but rather the amount that you should put in which is dependent on the
    capacity of the tank and type of plants in there...

im looking at having this plant in my new setup... can you actually overdoo fertilizer to the point of hurting the plants? (like turning yellow?) of course the green water will block and kill the light, but can plant itself suffer from overdose of fertilizer?

Casey

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/10/2002 11:14:07 PM

im looking at having this plant in my new setup... can you actually overdoo fertilizer to the point of hurting the plants? (like turning yellow?) of course the green water will block and kill the light, but can plant itself suffer from overdose of fertilizer?

Casey
    ----------------
    I dunno whether anyone has experience a plant overdose?? But you will definately get an algae bloom... turning yellow gotta due with some lack of trace elements...not overdose...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Over ferterlizing will result to algae infestation. When this happens, plant growth tend to be stunted or even killed.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/11/2002 12:02:44 PM

Over ferterlizing will result to algae infestation. When this happens, plant growth tend to be stunted or even killed.
    ----------------
    Right - algae even grows on the plants - choking them of light.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

of course, but if the plants were outcompeting the algae, then algae wouldn't be a problem right? but is there a chance of putting too much fertilizer (but not enough to cause algae) and poisoning the plant??

Thanks!
    Casey

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/12/2002 12:37:33 AM

of course, but if the plants were outcompeting the algae, then algae wouldn't be a problem right? but is there a chance of putting too much fertilizer (but not enough to cause algae) and poisoning the plant??

Thanks!
    Casey
    ----------------
    I think before the plant can be poisoned (if thats possible)... there is already an algae bloom...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey can i get some help wih my stubborn glosso? as i mentioned earlier they keep growing upwards... now the tallest strand is about 30 cm tall already... i've pushed them back into the gravel about 7 times before... put root monster... have 2x18 watts daylight fl tubes just over them in 2 feet tank... they are just in the foreground... co2 2bubbles per sec... ph 6-7... all other plants doing great... PLEASE HELP!!! []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore