Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Interested in aquarium but nonidea what i am doing..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Interested in aquarium but nonidea what i am doing..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all...

I like to keep fish... I have 1 small tank no idea how many gallon or feet it is... I only keep tetras in them... Neon and cardinals...

I just got one new tank... A 22 gallon or 85 liter tank... I plan on keeping a few species in that one... I just set it up and into my 5 day of cycling...

I added dechlorinator and now adding bactiria each day... Anything else i should be doing?

I also planted a few plants and put in a marble piece and a nana plant... I'm using some bio black sand or something for the bottom..

Any advise would be appreciated.. I plan on keeping 2 angelfish, 10-15 harlequin rasboras, 3 ghost shrimp and 2 bottom feeding fish to keep the bottom tidy... Thinking about maybe a few guppies and small goldfish too...

What you guys think?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Interested in aquarium but nonidea what i am doing..

hi there, welcome to AQ! see that you are at the cycling stage now. Best you wait 3-4 weeks depending on the condition. Using any test kits? A picture of your setup also helps

What kind of filtration you using? Seeing from your list of stocks, you may want to cut down on some of the fishes as you might end up overstocking the tank and the angles need space to swim

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

When I am setting up a new tank I usually run its filter in my other tank for a couple of day, so it could have some useful bacteria to speed up the cycle.

Two comments on your planned fish community:
    The angels would love the guppies ( to eat them), so they are not really good together.
    My other advice: don't put goldfish there, as they are coldwater species and on a higher temperature required for tropical species they would digest and poo much faster.

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk HD használatával

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i'm also starting my simple planted tank, important thing is get a good filter, then get some easy going fish to start. after few month then you should know what to do next.

btw, anyone know if there is any combo test kit on sale? check in c328 about 30 for each type.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

No idea what filtration... That box thing is my pump... There's about 5 level of filtration within and i also added an air bar hidden under the sand at the back...

Thanks for your inputs guys.... Maybe i'll skip the goldies for now... But any recommendations to what other fish to get with the angels? I think with just angels and the rasboras, it will look abit empty no?

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

You could try Tetras ( but not the fin nipping ones ), danios or Dwarf Cichlids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How bout dwarf gouramis?

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

They are fine as well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Can i get some input on the bottom fish though please?

I don't wanna get the black pleco... They grow too big... Any other suggestions on other bottoms that can help keep it clean?

I wanna get some ghost shrimp... What fish can i get and how many thinking of maybe 5 shrimp and 2 fish...

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Corydoras is good, but they like to be in a small shoal. If you want "cleaner" crew than bristlenose plecs or flying foxes are fine.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Flying foxes then.. Corydoras and pleco are ugly mother****ers.. Haha

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Azlan View Post
    No idea what filtration... That box thing is my pump... There's about 5 level of filtration within and i also added an air bar hidden under the sand at the back...

Thanks for your inputs guys.... Maybe i'll skip the goldies for now... But any recommendations to what other fish to get with the angels? I think with just angels and the rasboras, it will look abit empty no?
    thats a jebo external filter. looks good. probably flowrate is quite high. looks good for a start. maybe you would want to increase the water level a bit more. for company, you can get rummy nose tetras ( i love them ) looks good along side angels. Considerable size compared to tetras though

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Don't think the Ghost shrimps and angels will work though. I tried mixing the angels and amanos, despite being advised against it in this forum. I now have only two amanos left and only see them very occasionally. If you really want you can probably get some small angels and let them grow up together.