Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: *HELP-ADVISE needed which tank and filteration to get*

*HELP-ADVISE needed which tank and filteration to get*

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Happy and Kewl Fish enthusiasts!!!
    My name is Chris and here, needing some help, would love to keep some freshwater fishes like guppies, tetra, sword tail etc but ever since i stop rearing fish for soooo long now, what kind of tank, water filteration should i go for?
    I dun need a big tank, a relatively ok size will do which will house my fishes and plants. But most importantly, needed minimal maintenance especially filteration. Herad of under gravel filteration and all.
    And of course my budget will be ard $150-$200. I hope you fish enthusiasts will direct me which shop to get the best... and of coz good deal. Thank you fish lovers!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if you're starting at the basics, there are plenty of websites with such information already.

since your budget is 150-200, it looks like you're going to start small.

how big a tank? if you're planning to get a big one, I suggest you hold on until you can save more because cheap tanks tend to look bad.

a) 2ft tank. $20-$50
    b) hang on top filter *eheim liberty series* going to be the least fuss. *$50*
    c) substrate, ada would be good. *$40*

d) fish and plants

low maintenance means low light, you can skip on lights altogether if you're using the window sill *java fern, cryptocorynes and other low light plants do well*