Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How much of Dr. Mallick's Micro to use?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How much of Dr. Mallick's Micro to use?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi I have a 3 foot tank and was wondering how much of Dr Mallicks Micro should I use. Currently I am using five drops per week, dosing being done the day after weekly water change. Is this sufficient? I read on the instruction to dose up to five drops, yet I also see the instruction to drop one drop per 10 litres. Which one should I follow?? What would happen if I overdose the Micros??

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually it depends on how fast your plants take them up. And what levels of nutrients you want to dose per week. For me I used Fe as a benchmark. For my 3.5ft tank (210L), I put in about 10 drops of Micros per day. I have high lighting and CO2.

You can read these threads for Lushgro discussion (there is a dosing calculator in there too):
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=14658

In this Aquatic FAQ, there's links to websites discussing dosing. You should read the one by Tom Barr.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=12122
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    In my 2.5ft tank (83L) which is a jungle with a few adult lilies and barclayas, I am adding about 40 drops every 2 days. With only about 10 drops a day, the new leaves of my stargrass will be pale in colour.