Country
    Singapore

my Lily Pipe (in flow) broke on Day 1

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    *OUCH*
    yea, it broke on day 1 of purchase. Bought it at $25 at C328, 17mm version. All i did was simply inserting into tank of water, and clipped on to a plastic holder which is outside of the tank. Next thing I see the the pipe broke at the first intake outlet.
    Apparently the 'clip on' action is strong enough to send vibration and cause the breakage.

So guys, be extremely careful when handling the lily pipes. Currently I'm using epoxy glue to attach both broken piece back tgt. Waiting for it be fully cured and try using it again thou it wun't be as 'elegant' as before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: my Lily Pipe (in flow) broke on Day 1

Sorry for your loss. From what i learn at other website, the china made ones / cheaper ones compared to ADA have thinner glass walls hence they do break more easily.

Having said that, I am not sure if yours are ADA made ones. It is just my humble opinion.
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ADA ones are costing alot more then mimics.
    It might have to do with the glass make-up and thickness.

p.s: please go to the below link and read. personally i don't want to see posts like this that gives heads-up for hobbyist get deleted.

SMS and IM Lingo Rules
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ADA lily pipes cost more then $25.

Suggest investing in a GUSH lily pipe. Using the GUSH outlet pipe for more then a week already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    ADA ones are costing alot more then mimics.
    It might have to do with the glass make-up and thickness.

p.s: please go to the below link and read. personally i don't want to see posts like this that gives heads-up for hobbyist get deleted.

SMS and IM Lingo Rules
    oh okie, noted.
    Actually I wasn't trying to save money etc. I thought this brand should be 'trustable' since when I asked for a lily pipe, that's what the uncle recommended me. Hence my intention was just to warn fellow hobbyist to handle this piece of equipment with care since it's known to be fragile.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Go with gush pipes so far very rigid and much cheaper then ada.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by josephogk View Post
    oh okie, noted.
    Actually I wasn't trying to save money etc. I thought this brand should be 'trustable' since when I asked for a lily pipe, that's what the uncle recommended me. Hence my intention was just to warn fellow hobbyist to handle this piece of equipment with care since it's known to be fragile.
    No worries, i understand your posting with good intention.
    Btw, you never mention brand. assume is generic china brand in a non marked plastic?
    Next time you by c328 go tell uncle that it very easy crack. Business wise it will affect them in long run if many crack and go back make noise.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    No worries, i understand your posting with good intention.
    Btw, you never mention brand. assume is generic china brand in a non marked plastic?
    Next time you by c328 go tell uncle that it very easy crack. Business wise it will affect them in long run if many crack and go back make noise.
    the more common lily pipes are ANS and Gush, so i presume its ANS? mine cracked too, it's working as per normal after some silicon.. well if really afraid of cracking of breaking glass, maybe you can try plastic lily pipes that are sold in a few of the LFS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by qngwn View Post
    the more common lily pipes are ANS and Gush, so i presume its ANS? mine cracked too, it's working as per normal after some silicon.. well if really afraid of cracking of breaking glass, maybe you can try plastic lily pipes that are sold in a few of the LFS.
    I always thought ANS product are not that bad. I guess not then.

Do plastic lily pipe come in the beautiful shape as their glass counterparts? Where? C328?
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

my ans inlet cracked couple months back, but it's purely my mistake.
    Meanwhile Ans always comes with pair pipe, i don't know if any LFS sell separately. I bought gush inlet from GC as the replacement.
    I still don't get the idea to buy expensive ADA lilies, probably prestige reason ??

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    I always thought ANS product are not that bad. I guess not then.

Do plastic lily pipe come in the beautiful shape as their glass counterparts? Where? C328?
    Yes plastic lily pipes do come in the same shapes. I believe GC used to have them. At least their online store has it. Several forumers has got theirs there.

Not that ANS products are not as good, but as long as it is glassware, much care should be given when handling all kinds of glass products are they are fragile by nature.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    my ans inlet cracked couple months back, but it's purely my mistake.
    Meanwhile Ans always comes with pair pipe, i don't know if any LFS sell separately. I bought gush inlet from GC as the replacement.
    I still don't get the idea to buy expensive ADA lilies, probably prestige reason ??
    ANS always are sold in pairs. You can try searching in the forums if you are looking for just one of the inlet or outlet.

Some are willing to fork out the extra money for the people who put the extra effort into perfecting their products and also for the high quality of craftsmanship that certain products have. It's just a matter of choice in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i also got a broken intake pipe ,instead of throwing away or using glue I cut a small piece of eheim tubing and join the broken two together. it works fine and it becomes easier for me to clean the pipe - just take out clean and put back.
    JS

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Creativity!