Country
    Singapore

Best CO2 reactor

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everybody,

I setting up my 5 footer plant tank soon, intending to run 2 eheim external canistor filter. I was wondering which Co2 reactor is the best, be it be a external or an internal one. Any comments abt their pro and cons?

Is denelle one worth it, bioplast reactor, aqua medic external reactor or the green colour one selling at ecco, or external frm nature or any other brands which u find that is good.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    go for the dennerle cyclo turbo 500 CO2 diffuser, a bit EX but it's worth it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Why not approach Knoogy (kenneth) for his DIY external reactor. It is working wonders in my 4 feet setup.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks bros for the advice.

It seems like Knoogy (kenneth) DIY external reactor is working great. Wonder how much it cost and where to buy the barang barang to DIY?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Best CO2 reactor

[quote:0484180cb6="lvanilla"]Hi everybody,

I setting up my 5 footer plant tank soon, intending to run 2 eheim external canistor filter. I was wondering which Co2 reactor is the best, be it be a external or an internal one. Any comments abt their pro and cons?

Is denelle one worth it, bioplast reactor, aqua medic external reactor or the green colour one selling at ecco, or external frm nature or any other brands which u find that is good.

Thanks. [/quote:0484180cb6]

using the NA external reactor and quite satisfied with the performance.. I recommend you consider an external. I previously use the bioplast internal but it doesn't come close (in terms of dissolving co2 and wastage of co2) to the NA one

just my 2cts

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:b24be7c646="TanVincent"]Hi,

Why not approach Knoogy (kenneth) for his DIY external reactor. It is working wonders in my 4 feet setup.

Cheers
    Vincent[/quote:b24be7c646]

Thnx Vincent =P

Glad its working well for u =P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Simon n Vincent. Already pm Knoogy.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

[quote:e28bf0959b="Simon"]
    using the NA external reactor and quite satisfied with the performance.. I recommend you consider an external. I previously use the bioplast internal but it doesn't come close (in terms of dissolving co2 and wastage of co2) to the NA one

just my 2cts[/quote:e28bf0959b]

external reactor from na compared with bioplast internal, how much is the improvement? double the efficiency?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    aquamedic is no fuss and out of mind. hard to clean though. *but out of sight out of mind*

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:b6a8e492fe="tawauboy"][quote:b6a8e492fe="Simon"]

just my 2cts[/quote:b6a8e492fe]

external reactor from na compared with bioplast internal, how much is the improvement? double the efficiency?[/quote:b6a8e492fe]

thomas, in the NA reactor there isnt any wastage... bioplast reactor has a gap for co2 to escape if it over supplied

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:8ad7637769="loupgarou"]aquamedic is no fuss and out of mind. hard to clean though. *but out of sight out of mind*[/quote:8ad7637769]
    Any idea how aquamedic compares with the Dennerle Turbo (besides the price)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

[quote:d949b19778="Simon"][quote:d949b19778="tawauboy"][quote:d949b19778="Simon"]

just my 2cts[/quote:d949b19778]

external reactor from na compared with bioplast internal, how much is the improvement? double the efficiency?[/quote:d949b19778]

thomas, in the NA reactor there isnt any wastage... bioplast reactor has a gap for co2 to escape if it over supplied[/quote:d949b19778]

am using bioplast internal and finds that it does waste co2 (escaping from gap).
    thanks, Simon.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:6da30bf626="tawauboy"][quote:6da30bf626="Simon"][quote:6da30bf626="tawauboy"][quote:6da30bf626="Simon"]

just my 2cts[/quote:6da30bf626]

external reactor from na compared with bioplast internal, how much is the improvement? double the efficiency?[/quote:6da30bf626]

thomas, in the NA reactor there isnt any wastage... bioplast reactor has a gap for co2 to escape if it over supplied[/quote:6da30bf626]

am using bioplast internal and finds that it does waste co2 (escaping from gap).
    thanks, Simon.[/quote:6da30bf626]

thomas, I tried blocking the hole.. performance went up but algae started growing internally :P I believe it is more suited for 4ft tanks.. was pushing my luck using it in my 6ft

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    NA external reactor the best. Currently using it for both of my planted tank. Has also recommended it to a few of my colleague and a couple of members here too. So far, no problem. It's also plug and play!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How much is nature selling?? Estimated price.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You need to know that the reactor is rather big and that means more flow rate is required in order to create enough turbulence for the CO2 to dissolve fast. Slower flow means less mixing and hence slow response to CO2 input change. Personally, I find it to be more suitable for big tanks with high flow filters.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Aquamedic cost me around < $200 from aquamart.
    http://www.aqua-medic.de/cgi-bin/php...amp;cat_id=12#

you will have a 100% rate of dissolution with this one.
    ----------
    Dennerle cost: dunno, but its internal. so there's a possibility of algae growth, critters swimming inside and gets in the way of photo taking or decor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

[quote:1040708738="Simon"][quote:1040708738="tawauboy"][quote:1040708738="Simon"][quote:1040708738="tawauboy"][quote:1040708738="Simon"]

just my 2cts[/quote:1040708738]

external reactor from na compared with bioplast internal, how much is the improvement? double the efficiency?[/quote:1040708738]

thomas, in the NA reactor there isnt any wastage... bioplast reactor has a gap for co2 to escape if it over supplied[/quote:1040708738]

thanks, Simon.[/quote:1040708738]

thomas, I tried blocking the hole.. performance went up but algae started growing internally :P I believe it is more suited for 4ft tanks.. was pushing my luck using it in my 6ft [/quote:1040708738]

Simon, i plugged the hole also. but now bubbles are coming out from the outlet and have algae are growing internally.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thomas, you are facing the exact problems I had :P but the bubbles didn't come out from the outlet but from the bottom outlet. if you have a 4ft, it shouldn't be a problem. Should try NA reactor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    External Reactor is the Best!