Feedback Score
    Country
    Israel

How to tie moss on driftwood, stones, steel mesh with pictures

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    A new driftwood was chosen boiled in water for 3.5-4 hrs with coarse salt. Then soaked in a bucket with water for 8 days to remove excess tanins. The water in the bucket was changed daily.
    Wirror Moss was chosen for this particular driftwood.

I used scissors, tweezers, fishing thread, stainless steel mesh, a good quality fishnet stockings were kept overnight in water to check that it doesn't release color, luckily it didn't. The fishnet was cut into portions taking into account the stainless steel mesh size.

The moss was placed in such a way that it wil give a fluffy appearance.

The full driftwood was covered with moss.

All the driftwood it totally covered and the moss was tied to the driftwood with the fishing line.

I used the fishnet stocking (elastic) to hold moss like Pellia in place on stones and stainless steel coz its difficult to tie with fishing line and keep it in place.

Placed the pellia moss on the stainless steel mesh covered with the fishnet stocking hold it in place and tighten around the edge with stocking, turned it on the otherside and tied the loose ends with a fishing line.

Same with river stones which were carefully chosen, checked that they're suitable to be used in an aquarium. Later on kept in water for 8 days, washed several times before use. The moss is carefully spread on the flat stone fishing net is placed the ends held carefully together, the stone is turned on the other side with the moss and tied with a fisihng line.

Same with stainless steel mesh and this is the final result.

The final result in an aquarium.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to tie moss on driftwood, stones, steel mesh with pictures

May I know the reason for adding salt at the first round of boiling in water?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Oh interesting! Willownon driftwood. Please give updates when it grows.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Israel

Salt increases the boiling point of water which means the temp.rises by a few degrees celcius.
    Salt is added to the water to kill any surface bacteria from driftwood as well as drive out any air and helps to waterlog the driftwood thus making it sink in the aquarium.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Rony11 View Post
    Salt increases the boiling point of water which means the temp.rises by a few degrees celcius.
    Salt is added to the water to kill any surface bacteria from driftwood as well as drive out any air and helps to waterlog the driftwood thus making it sink in the aquarium.
    wow! learnt something new today! good tip rony.