Images
    Country
    Singapore

K2SO4

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    just bought the fert, and I have one question. do i have to dilute it with water or just the powder inside? according to chuck's calculator, if i add the powder straight to the tank, i will get 269.4 ppm Potassium for 0.5 teaspoon. is there something wrong?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Whether you put 1 tsp of power in the tank or dilute with water first, you'll still end up with 1 tsp in the tank.
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    agree with Aeon. even if you dissolve the powder with water first. The total amount of the K2SO4 add is still the same

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sounds logical.. but why the calculator says that i will be adding 269.4 ppm Potassium for 0.5 teaspoon into my 10L tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:0fcbabf53b="dts_spawn"]sounds logical.. but why the calculator says that i will be adding 269.4 ppm Potassium for 0.5 teaspoon into my 10L tank?[/quote:0fcbabf53b]

If you dose 1 tsp of K2SO4 into your 10L tank, you are dosing 269.4ppm of K. That's way too much. Try a suggested level of 10ppm K per week.

That would mean you dose 0.25g or 0.04 tsp of K2SO4. Since this amount is too small, I suggest you prepare a stock solution. Eg. 1 tsp of K2SO4 in 250ml of water. And each time you dose 10ml of this to get 10ppm in your 10L tank. (calculations done using Chuck's calculator.)

Cheers!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:19d5aecfdc="dts_spawn"]sounds logical.. but why the calculator says that i will be adding 269.4 ppm Potassium for 0.5 teaspoon into my 10L tank?[/quote:19d5aecfdc]

Open your eyes and read Chuck's words carefully and use the calculator correctly. Specifically:
    - did you specify the tank size correctly?
    - did you specify how much water to mix with? That is the water you mix the chemical with to make a stock solution. Then, 1 ml of that solution added to your tank will riase the indicated ingredient in your tank by the X amount shown.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    btw, 1 tsp into 10L of tank water is alot. and its possible for the high ppm level, 260 ++