Thread: Question on co2 atomizer

Feedback Score

Question on co2 atomizer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Question on co2 atomizer,easy-aqua

Tried to connect for 3 hrs,3 b/s doesn't apply here?doesn't see any bubbles,turn on too high air tubes all "pop" off ;bubble counter's water become fountain.

Size not an issue? Just notice there is M and L size.any different?

thanks with regards.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Question on co2 atomizer

Sounds like it's one of those high pressure CO2 atomizers? You need those high pressure tubing I think, not the normal air tubing.

Feedback Score

yup,i hold tubing in order that they don't 'pop'....increase co2 and can see mist. But lower to 3-5 b/s it's not working....tube stay on.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yeap you definitely need the high pressure tubing. If you don't know what it is, it's just the same tubing except that it's very much harder and quite rigid.

Feedback Score

ok,i have but not long enough.
    will get a longer 1 to try again,my tank 4x2x2 .
    thought it's was the length or some leaks along the way.
    Thanks for advise.wonder if it will get clogged or bubble will become bigger after prolong use?

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi ts, whats your co2 tank's working pressure?i am having 25kg/cm2, 3bps does not mean the pressure is enough. You saw my blog right? It requires high pressure to work. Try leaving it in your tank as usual and let the pressure build up slowly...

The issue with this atomizer is poor glue at both ends. As it requires high pressure to work, the glue at both end caps will fail after some time of usage. Then, bigger bubbles will leak from the ends after a while.

Size does not matter,both size will leak lol eventually. I epoxy glued it back...now still working though.
    Last edited by wongce; 11th Jan 2013 at 06:38.

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by |squee| View Post
    Yeap you definitely need the high pressure tubing. If you don't know what it is, it's just the same tubing except that it's very much harder and quite rigid.
    I had the same problem with this atomiser. I was using the thicker hose meant for co2. The co2 tank valve was fully opened and the needle valve was also fully opened to achieve the max bps. The hose did not pop out but could only see a miserable amount of fine bubbles coming out from one end of the atomiser. I left it for 2 days and yet there was no change. The co2 checker also remained blue. I took it off and replaced back the $3 atomiser.
    3ft Tank. Eheim 2028. ADA soil. LIghting 2 X 39 T5 / pressurized Co2 @ 8hrs/day.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You need your working pressure to be around 30-40psi to work properly.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You need your working pressure to be around 30-40psi to work properly.
    I have not checked my working pressure but i thought they are actually preset. Anyway would i be able to adjust the PSI?. Txs
    3ft Tank. Eheim 2028. ADA soil. LIghting 2 X 39 T5 / pressurized Co2 @ 8hrs/day.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

yes it preset, different brand have different working PSI. Older regulator normally only 15-20 PSI. New regulator, 'Up' brand, if not mistaken 40-50 PSI which is not surprising since they come up with couples of Atomizer model.
    -Robert

Feedback Score

thanks for advise.
    my old regulator is 'Up' brand and solenoid fails(don't seem to last,heard some can last for many yrs?),20+ PSI.
    Ask around only those german or japan brands better.
    yes,could only see a miserable amount of fine bubbles not at the centre but both ends and is new.bubbles still floats,not very fine but better than my glass diffuser. removed my bubble counter and replaced with with half length pressure tubing,other half normal tube in the tank.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    yes it preset, different brand have different working PSI. Older regulator normally only 15-20 PSI. New regulator, 'Up' brand, if not mistaken 40-50 PSI which is not surprising since they come up with couples of Atomizer model.
    Checked my regulator, luckily mine is "UP" brand. It shows 30PSI during operation and 40PSI when CO2 supply is cut off by solenoid. Looks like 30psi is not good enough. Will try bringin it to Bioplast to see if they can tune it to 40PSI.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

or maybe leakage somewhere. If you can see the bubble coming out from bubble counter and yet nothing coming out from diffuser mean most likely there is leakage because those bubble must go somewhere.
    -Robert

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    You saw my blog right?
    Yes boss,it's my liking also followed Iaplc competition. Congratz to your winning not forgetting our moderator too!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

OMG! I just chance upon this thread!! haha!! I had two of this before! Bringing back memories of "what the hell?" Some lucky friend of mine given one by me and he had problems with the bubbles too. It turn into air stone instead. But get it right and the "mist" that comes out is wonderful. Wongce has it right on the glue portion. And sounds like you got pressure problem here or leakage somewhere.

I would seriously have recommended this over the glass diffuser but you need to get the both end epoxy first.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score

Not sure pressure problem here or leakage somewhere,there are "mist" but just can't increase higher..... "what the hell?"......
    JBL regulator any comments? Saw a make in Japan model...with small gauge....new model?wonder if is 40-50 PSI,heard too many solenoid fails.mine too!
    Need an upgrade again after CNY...LOL....soil,solenoid,CO2,filters.....