1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sulawesi Yellow Rabbit Snails weird behaviour

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After many months of keeping the snails, all the sudden, these 2 fellow were behaving strangely, attached the photos showing their weird behaviour.

Anyone encounter before? Can advise...? Are they ok??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Sulawesi Yellow Rabbit Snails weird behaviour

In what manner are they behaving strangely? I know I killed all my sulawesi snails cause I dosed anti planaria, did not research properly thinking they will be snail safe since the one I use is shrimp safe. They had some sort of foaming/white substance around their mouth. I see them move(looks sort of a struggle) their bodies but they don't move from their spot and just starts to slowly give in and die eventually.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi zeltade, seems my behaving the same manner as your description, the problem is I did not dose anything in the tank, the other Sulawesi snails are as per normal but not this two.

Apparently one is hiding deep in its shell which I think it is not a good news, the other one still continue to do the same.

They did give out some slimy stuff out but it is not from their mouth.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've read somewhere that snails give off this white like substance when they are irritated or something like that.
    I think the snails hiding within the shell might be a good thing, it's a form of protection for themselves. My nerite snails loves to climb out of the tank and hides within the shell and stays dry for a couple of days before I find it. But after dropping it back into water it comes right back alive.
    As to what's wrong with them, I am not sure since I haven't kept them for long. But I do notice such behavior with my snails for a couple of days then they're back to normal, before I dosed anti planaria of course. I did not keep them for long but I'll suggest monitoring all the snails. If you notice one more piece behaving in such a manner, set up two quarantine tank and place them in it. One for unaffected and one for affected. Then place activated carbon in the original tank. At least this is what I'd do.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi seudazr

Quarantine them.Not a good sign on having the slimy stuff.
    3 of my orange peso snalis having the same problem...can't do much.So far 2 RIP, 1 recovered.
    Do nothing to your tank if your have shrimps in your tank
    Check for any air bubble coming from the hiding snail...maybe already RIP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Already place activated carbon in the tank. Will monitor and will move them to quarantine tank if necessary. Thanks for all advise

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am not sure if you can try to do water change.
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.