Country
    Singapore

Multiple Tanks on Rack

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    I have some questions to ask and hope some of you guys can share your experiences on the matter.

I see hobbyist who has racks using
    1) a one filtration system which goes to a big sump and pump back up
    (I find this not ideal due spread of diseases between tanks unless you're using UV before and after sump and the noise of the water falling back into individual tanks is annoying - not zen! )
    2) a sponge filter, a filter floss or sponge filter with media (Gex Roka Boy)

I would like to ask on No. 2 Using a sponge filter, what is your routine on maintenance. ie cleaning etc. weekly, monthly? How about those sponge filter with pebbles/sand? How do you compare the two? Which is better?

The setup I have right now as follows:-
    On one of the level, I am using Gex Roka Boy. This cost around $7/each. Comes with a white sponge and I assume there's media in it; could be carbon but I'm not certain. At the bottom they have pebbles/sand. I replace them with left over Eheim Subtrat Pro.

On another level, I have the same except that I have the Hamburg Matten Filter going. Behind the matten filter, I divide it into three sections. center is where the pvc pipe is. Left and right I placed Mr. Aqua Ceramic Rings.

My own water changes is once a week at 25%.

Please share what you have found to be ideal filtration for multiple tank setup and frequency of cleaning. Including frequency of water changes, percentage of water change and perhaps problems faced and resolved. Would love to hear comments on my setup if any.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Multiple Tanks on Rack

Hi, your blog is very interesting. do you mind PM me the price of your rack?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

@ ciaossu, thanks for the compliment. The rack pricing is pretty straight forward. They'll quote you over the phone. So you will need to know how tall, wide and length you want. These racks is also use in some groceries and malls like Mustafa Centre. I can't recall the price for mine but its definitely below $200.00 - 400kg UDL

Link http://www.howellunited.com.sg/product.htm

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ah i see, thanks man.