Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Celestial Pearl Danio (Danio Margaritatus)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Celestial Pearl Danio (Danio Margaritatus)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Need a bit of help. I've been searching for the above for a couple of months. I'm not sure whether there has been limited stocks or something.

Nonetheless, would you mind giving me a shout out if you happen to see them. And no Seaview ran out of them too.

They are also call Galaxy Rasbora.

Thanks!
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

There are usually some at C328. I remember seeing some at OTF in the Pasir Ris Farmway area.
    Small is beautiful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Saw in c328 (Thursday), east ocean (Friday), green chapter (2 weeks ago)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Celestial Pearl Danio (Danio Margaritatus)

Qian Hu has a tank full of them now, i got a batch from them a week ago, drip acclimated and now in my quarantine tank... very healthy batch with nice color (100% survival rate and no diseases so far).

GC has them too, their stock also has nice color and look very healthy.

C328 also has them, you can spot a bunch crammed into one of the small betta tanks near the cashier, theirs seem to be in rather poor condition though (and i keep seeing the same old and tattered shop nets being dipped around in other tanks that have fish with white ich spots), so i gave theirs a pass.

Yeah, i was also scouring the various LFS for CPDs too... seems to be the season now, had to resist the temptation to buy more just to "stock up".
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 19th Jan 2013 at 18:03.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

C328 has a good stock of them and I got mine from there. On the left side, middle row of the bettas and guppies rack.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, thanks for all the reply. Appreciate it.

Late last year, I had difficulty finding them in LFS. West side is out for me, a little too far. So Qian Hu and C328 is out for me. But strange, GC I went like many times but no stock on CPDs. And yea, the livestocks are really healthy and good looking. I guess just my luck.

Not been to East Ocean. Pictures taken from friend impress me. Well, organised from what I saw from the pictures. I'll try East Ocean then.

It's pretty fascinating that in fish stores and in quantity, they look like they school together but in fact they really don't . When you bring them home, they don't school. Love how they tango and show off. Gah! must get my hands on them!.

Once again, thanks guys. Just a quick question, has anyone been successful in breeding them? Egg layers. Plus Cpds don't tend to live long on just commercial food.
    Last edited by VSGenesis; 20th Jan 2013 at 21:02.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You can get them in bags of 30 pieces at C328. Not too expensive, and those in the big bags are in better shape than the ones crammed into the puny betta tank.

CPD are egg layers that can be bred in a heavily planted aquarium. The adults however will eat the eggs. You must give them BBS/Daphnia or basically live foods for them to thrive. Do not keep these in acidic water, they seem to prefer alkaline waters. A range between pH 6.5 to 7.5 is ok but I would go with 7. The fry are puny and need green water or infusoria. Mine spawned but none of the eggs made it since I have loaches in there...

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...-margaritatus/

This link will be helpful for you to have a read up.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.