Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Notice green hairline-like grass growing

Feedback Score

Notice green hairline-like grass growing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Notice green hairline-like grass growing on the side of the tank?

I'm havnig tera/moss/glass fish in the tank, what can I put to eat those grass? prawns? snails?

pls advise.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congratulations, seems you have green hair algae. If grown well on a driftwood or rock it can be very pretty, provided it doesn't turn brown.

What kind of glass fish do you have? Not the painted kind I hope.

If you really want to get rid of the hairs, apple snail (big 2cm ones) and Yamato should do the trick, you may have to scrape the remnants off with an old credit card.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    congras?!? the green algue on wood, on glass wor, doesn't seem so nice?
    wow!! where to buy apple snails? my LFS don't have,

last time i bought 20 small prawns at $1 each, all eaten by my fishes!!

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:6bd60c2e58="hwchoy"]What kind of glass fish do you have? Not the painted kind I hope.
    [/quote:6bd60c2e58]

its the painted one, why do they paint them? i just wanted glass fish, but they only have painted fish, so i bought 10 of them, $8 each, and they are having fin rot some more!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:6957a5a03b="s050399b"]congras?!? wow!! where to buy apple snails? my LFS don't have,

last time i bought 20 small prawns at $1 each, all eaten by my fishes!![/quote:6957a5a03b]

I bought mine at Plantas Aquaricus (facing Jalan Besar stadium), interesting place to visit. Ben TB also have them sometimes. Do get the big 2cm ones. Their shells are also quite pretty with black over brown stripes.

What fishes do you have that are eating shrimps? Your $1 shrimps should be those fancy ones like blue/green or cherry? You can just get Yamato which is like 60-80¢ each, just get 10 should do the trick. Can also consider Malayan which is cheap and does general cleaning, around $8-10 per 100.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:a72d3848="s050399b"][quote:a72d3848="hwchoy"]What kind of glass fish do you have? Not the painted kind I hope.
    [/quote:a72d3848]

its the painted one, why do they paint them? i just wanted glass fish, but they only have painted fish, so i bought 10 of them, $8 each, and they are having fin rot some more!![/quote:a72d3848]

$8 per painted fish!! geez you have been thoroughly had. I suggest you look around other LFS. Go have a look at Plantas, he is not cheap but not too unreasonable, and he will not sell fishes that are painted or otherwise molested.

If you want transparent fish, you can get the glass tetra (Plantas also have them) but these are not so cheap I think $5 maybe.

Don't buy painted or dyed fishes, they're cruel to the animals, many die while being "painted" (actually I think is injected, macam botox) and the survivors lead a miserable life, they easily contract diseases and finrots.

Worst it reflects poorly on us as hobbyists.

Feedback Score
    yeah, i was too anxious to get glass fish, now i got infected ones, sigh.............

Ahh... this be the infamous 2" tank with 200 fish which you declared "a success" earlier?

Another quality, non aquatic-related post from mrs budak!