Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12L Nano Iwagumi Tank "Greystone" Journal

12L Nano Iwagumi Tank "Greystone" Journal

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've always wanted a high-tech nano Iwagumi tank. After months of planning, I finally set it up and this is what it looks like step-by-step.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Re: 12L Nano Iwagumi Tank "Greystone" Journal

Very nice video you have made, bro! Can see the calm and gentle way you treat the plants and tank. It is so zen!

Would love to see more when the tank develop further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice! I’m planning to plant hc too. Abit worried due to no chiller and fan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Wan, very well planned Seriously, the video, the way you setup, planting, look similar to those pro scaper in youtube

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Nice video, good effort....do update us soon when its fully grown

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Very nice video you have made, bro! Can see the calm and gentle way you treat the plants and tank. It is so zen!

Would love to see more when the tank develop further.

Man, it's nothing compared to your photos and videos. Still have a lot to learn in that area. Zen never crossed my mind when I set up the tank. I appreciate the compliment. Thank you. Hope I'll have something nice to show you at the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint888 View Post
    Nice! I’m planning to plant hc too. Abit worried due to no chiller and fan.
    Thanks! Same here. They said that HC is for advanced aquarist but I went ahead and try it nonetheless. Let's see what happens.

If it helps, you might want to check out this video about HC from Dennis Wong aka Xiaozhuang on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TTerry View Post
    Hi Wan, very well planned Seriously, the video, the way you setup, planting, look similar to those pro scaper in youtube
    Oh, man. You gave me too much credit. I'm just an amateur but I do hope that my video will motivate others to start their own nano aquascape since a big one might be out of reach for some. Thank you and glad that you liked the video.

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Nice video, good effort....do update us soon when its fully grown
    Thank you, Master. Do give me about four weeks to grow the plants and I'll post an update then. Anything I can improve on?

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonicaHelp View Post
    I really enjoyed that video, NanoScaper. It was cool to see how you set up the tank step by step, and I can tell you put a lot of care and effort into this. I look forward to any updates you might want to share.

-Kamran
    Yes, it was a lot of planning and I jot down everything that was in my head until it was time to set it up. Will definitely post an update so stay tuned. Glad you enjoyed the video too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonicaHelp View Post
    Well, it definitely payed off! I'll be sure to check out that update when it's ready.

-Kamran
    Thank you for getting all excited, Kamran. I hope I'll not disappoint at the next update.

It's amazing what CO₂ injection can do in a matter of four weeks. Looking at the growth rate in my nano Iwagumi tank, I think I'm hooked.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Are u using chiller?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Look amazing so far, bro! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint888 View Post
    Are u using chiller?
    Nope. Just a small fan.

Look amazing so far, bro! Great job!

Thank you, jackychun. The HC and stem plants look like they're doing okay for now but the hairgrass is spreading slower than I expected. Any idea why?

At eight weeks, a full carpet of HC is almost there for my nano Iwagumi tank. The other two plants are still growing slowly, though.

12 weeks after setting up my nano Iwagumi tank and I'm still battling hair algae. I've made changes that will hopefully improve things.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Hi bro, it is really nice to see the plants filling in the tank.

Hairgrass might take more time to roots and spreading. It also need higher lighting to spread and grow, IMO.

For the algae issue, may you do more water change to make sure tank is clean and reduce the lighting hours so less chance for algae to build up. Some floating plants would help to absorb excessive nutrients in the tank, so it would be good to prevent further algae.

Hi bro, it is really nice to see the plants filling in the tank.

Hairgrass might take more time to roots and spreading. It also need higher lighting to spread and grow, IMO.

For the algae issue, may you do more water change to make sure tank is clean and reduce the lighting hours so less chance for algae to build up. Some floating plants would help to absorb excessive nutrients in the tank, so it would be good to prevent further algae.
    Thank you for the compliments and tips, jackychun.

I don't trim the rogue (growing out of place) hairgrass anymore. I just pull them out carefully without disturbing the substrate. So much easier and if I do pull it with the roots, I'll re-plant it at the rear of the tank to fill the background.

I've cranked up the CO₂ and did huge weekly water change to combat the hair algae. Guess what? It seems to be getting lesser and lesser now. The small number of shrimps probably helped too.

Multiple prong attack on the green hair algae has produced much better results in my nano Iwagumi tank. Once cleared, I hope to add fishes.

Getting much lesser algae in my nano Iwagumi tank. The other good news is that I've observed berried shrimps and spotted some shrimplets.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by NanoScaper View Post
    Getting much lesser algae in my nano Iwagumi tank. The other good news is that I've observed berried shrimps and spotted some shrimplets.

It’s very zen to see your tank bro! And good feeling seeing the berries mama and baby shrimplets too!

It’s very zen to see your tank bro! And good feeling seeing the berries mama and baby shrimplets too!

Thank you very much, jackychun. And yes, it's a good feeling to see the berried shrimps and shrimplets in this tank. Although I must say it's quite amazing to see them surviving and thriving in this tank. I initally thought that it can't be done based on other people's experience.

P.S. Apologies for taking so long to reply. Have been tied up with a lot of things lately.

Finally, after 24 weeks, I modified my LED lights to reduce its intensity for the nano Iwagumi tank. Let's see if it'll help reduce algae.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast