Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Colour of Discus Eggs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Our breeding pair had around 4 spawns before with clear eggs. Yesterday they started spawning again, but to my surprise the eggs were orange! Is there something wrong with the discus and the eggs or is it normal for this to happen?
    Also the eggs doesn’t seem to stick well to the breeding cone this time, majority of them had slid down to the bottom of the cone and few are scattered near the cone at the bottom of the tank. Please do advise if something might be wrong with the discus fish?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Colour of Discus Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by 98Min View Post
    Our breeding pair had around 4 spawns before with clear eggs. Yesterday they started spawning again, but to my surprise the eggs were orange! Is there something wrong with the discus and the eggs or is it normal for this to happen?
    Also the eggs doesn’t seem to stick well to the breeding cone this time, majority of them had slid down to the bottom of the cone and few are scattered near the cone at the bottom of the tank. Please do advise if something might be wrong with the discus fish?
    the colour of the eggs when first laid does not really indicated anything. more importantly is what happends over the next 24-48 hours. if it turns darker in colour, means it is fertilised. if turns white means not fertile. how are they doing so far?

I had the same problem with the eggs falling off cone, but the parents will usually just gather them, and won't matter eventually