Country
    Singapore

Re: Algae attack

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just sharing my thoughts.

1 ) Lower your rainbar. Too much splashing on the water surface result in the lost of CO2. If you are not using a fan to bring down the temperature, the water level will drop throughout the day and resulting in the rainbar getting higher above the water surface and this will result in more splashing.

2) Not so sure if position the rainbar at the back of your tank follow by the width is a good idea. The water flow from the back and the width will collide and the water will have problem circulating around the tank.

3 ) Conduct a water change immediately after you scrub off the GSA or whatever algae. If you scrub the alage off and leave it, it will only encourage it to spread around the tank.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Question Re: Algae attack

Quote Originally Posted by prodrive View Post
    ...Douse with seachem excel flourish? My hc sure suffer...
    May I know why dousing with Excel Flourish will cause HC to suffer?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    May I know why dousing with Excel Flourish will cause HC to suffer?
    He is correct. Excel must use with discretion.

HC need the high lighting so not a problem with the lighting. Listen to the rest, restart the tank. You need to do a lot of cleaning up. Flourish haiz...1 capful is 5ML, which is sufficient for 60 gallon or a 250L tank. You now realise how much you have exceeded? I count by drop (1 drop = less than 0.5ml, 11 drop = 5ml). Eviltrain have offer the best reason.

Make sure the tank goes through proper cycling. Since there is no livestock, restart, post a picture back of what you do and do it slowly. Take the pointers of the fellow forumers. We had this kinda experience one way or another too. Cheer up. The failure of today is to built a stronger you tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    ...HC need the high lighting...
    Every time I hear this I'm terribly excited, but then I realized even though I'm quite confident of providing the intense lighting, without a proper balance of other factors such as nutrients & CO2, it's like me speeding out of control...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Every time I hear this I'm terribly excited, but then I realized even though I'm quite confident of providing the intense lighting, without a proper balance of other factors such as nutrients & CO2, it's like me speeding out of control...
    According to my test with HC now, the one with highest nutrient soil survived. the one with lowest nutrient soil melted, the one with the mid level nutrient soil starting to collapse as well like burnt out. All three tests conducted under the sun. Light is only 1 factor.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

When i read this, i felt like bringing you to seaview lighting area. you will be poisoned to death

@prodrive, mate have not heard from you for sometime. may i humbly request for an update? Testing would have seen endings by now.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Question Re: Algae attack

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    According to my test with HC now, the one with highest nutrient soil survived. the one with lowest nutrient soil melted, the one with the mid level nutrient soil starting to collapse as well like burnt out. All three tests conducted under the sun. Light is only 1 factor.
    Qn1: how moist are all three containers? Is the moisture content kept constant?

Qn2: temperature across all 3 containers kept constant?

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    When i read this, i felt like bringing you to seaview lighting area. you will be poisoned to death ...
    I didn't realise Seaview has a "lighting" section; the last time I went there, it's like a huge warehouse partitioned into 2 sections, Equipment & Livestock.

Why will I be posioned till death, with respect to lighting? What did you see there?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Qn1: how moist are all three containers? Is the moisture content kept constant?

Qn2: temperature across all 3 containers kept constant?

I didn't realise Seaview has a "lighting" section; the last time I went there, it's like a huge warehouse partitioned into 2 sections, Equipment & Livestock.

Why will I be posioned till death, with respect to lighting? What did you see there?
    I think my working hours too long, I haven't been able to keep pace with the HC and weather. I will continue the experiment most likely when my rack's light house is ready. Room temperature lah. By then the ventilation would be ready as well.

psst...I don't see how you won't be poisoned after a visit. (back door)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

There are 2 parts of the equipment sections that stock light sets it's right of the entrance . Well not the type we go wow with even a glance, but rather after digging through.
    nearer to the entrance is holding stock for T5 & Led, The end of that row is T8.
    Saw a certain "ADA" clip on light of interest, but this will derail this thread IMO. May i humbly invite you out one fine day on excursion with a few new hobbyist?
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12