Country
    Singapore

Re: Maintaining Temperature

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    You can say beside your interest, I also pre-programmed you to buy Eheim OHF too. ^^ I knew you would end up with OHF having known the maintenance advantage. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    That's a good buy. The plastic is solid and long-lasting. The transparent type is somewhat more fragile and brittle. I still have three of those not used yet, one is already broken even before I used it. In future, I will buy those with opaque plastic like the one you bought, but it it'll definitely have to be the bigger model (the 200). I am hooked on hang-on filters, lol.

Now my turn to spread the poison. go buy haha. Temperature gone down abit more upon the change, probably because the surface agitation is really alot

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by diazman View Post
    Now my turn to spread the poison. go buy haha. Temperature gone down abit more upon the change, probably because the surface agitation is really alot
    Ahem....you want me to spread the totto bug to you?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ahem....you want me to spread the totto bug to you?
    Cannot la, atleast for now no space and budget hahaha

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Cannot la, atleast for now no space and budget hahaha
    It's okay lah, we can keep experimenting how to bring the temperature down. Maybe we have more discovery later on each side. I thought of a water cooling contraption already. But I can't start making it until I finish retrofitting the current rack. It works hand in hand with the fan, just need water contact. This would be an interesting contraption. : > *Blink Blink*

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It's okay lah, we can keep experimenting how to bring the temperature down. Maybe we have more discovery later on each side. I thought of a water cooling contraption already. But I can't start making it until I finish retrofitting the current rack. It works hand in hand with the fan, just need water contact. This would be an interesting contraption. : > *Blink Blink*
    I've been wondering how the water in the pail in the toilet can get as low as 20 Degrees C throught out the day. Any ideas? Every time i fill in water in the pail, it gets very cold the next morning. It there's a feasible method, then i would like to try it out. Additionally, the idea of having a towel trickling down and having a fan to blow wind sounds feasible too

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

As suggested in my earlier post, I mentioned the wet towel method. Commercial air-coolers used the same evaporative principle. You need to top up the water in the container. If it runs dry, there's no cooling effect. For more cooling, more layers of fabric, and extending to the side of the tank may work. But it's all already patented by me (just kidding).
    I've been wondering how the water in the pail in the toilet can get as low as 20 Degrees C throught out the day. Any ideas? Every time i fill in water in the pail, it gets very cold the next morning. It there's a feasible method, then i would like to try it out. Additionally, the idea of having a towel trickling down and having a fan to blow wind sounds feasible too
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

As suggested in my earlier post, I mentioned the wet towel method. Commercial air-coolers used the same evaporative principle. You need to top up the water in the container. If it runs dry, there's no cooling effect. For more cooling, more layers of fabric, and extending to the side of the tank may work. But it's all already patented by me (just kidding).
    I have a hard time visualizing your idea. im a visual person and i need a sketch or some sort to see how it works But it sounds really cool if it works

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, it not only sounds cool. It is a cooler in action.
    I have a hard time visualizing your idea. im a visual person and i need a sketch or some sort to see how it works But it sounds really cool if it works
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, it not only sounds cool. It is a cooler in action.
    sketches bro.. let me see them . share the poison

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Let me elaborate my idea.

Top Tier at 1.8m high, 1x Toyogo Container with a cover, without wheel. Fresh tap water introduce, anti-chlorinate it, left to age. One pipe is now extended from the top of the toyogo to slightly below the height of top tier, connected to a valve. From this valve, a flexible pipe, connected to another valve end or spray head. This pipe will be filled with water, now at the time when you need to water change, the aged water will travel down when you turn on both valve. It's like the air tube, where you suck on one end or the idea of a siphon. How about that? Because top tier is away from sunlight, the water should cool cover night if the night is not hot. Now we know hot air rises cold air sinks, so the exact temperature of this water is really unknown at this point. I also intend to put some borneowild soil into the toyogo container, just spread a thin layer. Idea here is that the ph should self adjust during the process as well.

This idea is not afraid of mosquito, because if there really is, the larvae will essentially become fish food....easily....assuming you can catch up with the larvae life cycle...:P
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 8th Apr 2012 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Let me elaborate my idea.

Top Tier at 1.8m high, 1x Toyogo Container with a cover, without wheel. Fresh tap water introduce, anti-chlorinate it, left to age. One pipe is now extended from the top of the toyogo to slightly below the height of top tier, connected to a valve. From this valve, a flexible pipe, connected to another valve end or spray head. This pipe will be filled with water, now at the time when you need to water change, the aged water will travel down when you turn on both valve. It's like the air tube, where you suck on one end or the idea of a siphon. How about that?
    It serves as a "water tank" aye? So instead of manually adding water into the tank, you just turn on the tap.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It serves as a "water tank" aye? So instead of manually adding water into the tank, you just turn on the tap.
    Yes, the cool thing is the water in the pipe will pull the water out of the toyogo, so it utilises gravity here.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hmmm...how are you going to top up the 'water tank'? via water hose from a tap?
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xXXXx13 View Post
    hmmm...how are you going to top up the 'water tank'? via water hose from a tap?
    Smaller container transfer. Those 3L type ones or those 1-2L sized ones. You could carry a pail in then slowly transfer to the smaller container. Then climb up and pour the water in. No difficulties at all. Secondary function, it trains your muscle. Aiyah we seldom exercise also mar...correct? So 1 device 2 functions ^^Y Ha Ha...idea hor?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sounds like what i've got to do every week for water change on my 4ft. Sure to give you a real workout to you arms, legs and back muscles. do take note of the slippery floors and surfaces that you can create with the top up. Its no joke if you slip and fall from it. Just a caution though.
    ~~Steven ~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xXXXx13 View Post
    Sounds like what i've got to do every week for water change on my 4ft. Sure to give you a real workout to you arms, legs and back muscles. do take note of the slippery floors and surfaces that you can create with the top up. Its no joke if you slip and fall from it. Just a caution though.
    You have alternative mar....1 long long plastic tube from the toilet tap, connects the other end to a tap. It's turning on/off the tape only, no need to carry water. After that, empty the tube water into a pail. That's it. There is always more than 1 way to do things. ^^Y *blink blink*

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Instead of the hose, i think you can do with a piping system, just on the tap and let it fill the tank up

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yupz yupz...waiting for time to get the long hose else week in week out very very the tired. Maybe subconsciously i want a workout
    ~~Steven ~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Instead of the hose, i think you can do with a piping system, just on the tap and let it fill the tank up
    I don't think enough water pressure lah. Already the master bed room one is showing sign of "less pressure". No leaks. Only the master one got enough pressure at the kitchen. Both were changed last year by me. I checked through the house piping now and then.

I think Toyogo idea is a viable option, I will try to source a good big toyogo thingy.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I did saw once over at boon lay village, the hardware shop's on pre renovation promotion, selling those big containers less than 20 bucks. Got a couple of them. Wanna buy but no transport le Good for holding lots of water I suppose

Advice from boss Felix

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast