Singapore

Re: Maintaining Temperature

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My bed fan is a S.BREEZE power Fan

Power consumption @ 90 Watts. Speed 1 equivalent to KDK brand fan speed 3

A monster at that amount of watts consumption, the wind is downright strong and the noise generated is.. you get the point haha Managed to wind the tank and the surrounding area no problem.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

And now, the photos of the current tank

Temp as of now is 27 Deg. Removed fan for photo taking.

Far FTS

Closer...

Closer.. hehe mamas all having dinner

Sorry for the photos. Taken from LG optimus 3D

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Am curious if the placement of the thermometer in various location in the tank give you different reading for 3 ft and above? having this thought so just asking though i've not experience with my tank.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

@diazman
    1 string of Hornwort? lol. Noticed you added another light. Actually if you want it stronger, just replace it with a 14W (75) will do. No need to add light, look crampy.

@xXXXx13
    It's pretty normal to me. Different part of the tank have different exposure to temperature. Some area cools off whilst other heat up. So different reading is normal. Water flow area should be cooler than lighting area. 3ft also have the capacity to accommodate various water parameter imbalance as compared to 2ft. 2ft a bit out, the whole balance gets thrown off quickly and easily.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Diazman, how about an air-drive filter to push temperature further down?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Shrimp keepers may wish to try out a method of lowering the tank temperature, which consists of hanging a piece of towelling cloth material on and in contack with the back of the tank. This cloth must be kept constantly wet by letting the bottom part of the cloth touch the tap water in a container placed below the cloth. A tiny fan, just enough to move air around the hung wet cloth, can be used to increase koolness. But even without the fan, there is good cooling too. This method is much better than just blowing wind at the tank top. But if both methods are used simultaneously, cooling is significantly increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherabin View Post
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    @diazman
    1 string of Hornwort? lol. Noticed you added another light. Actually if you want it stronger, just replace it with a 14W (75) will do. No need to add light, look crampy.

@xXXXx13
    It's pretty normal to me. Different part of the tank have different exposure to temperature. Some area cools off whilst other heat up. So different reading is normal. Water flow area should be cooler than lighting area. 3ft also have the capacity to accommodate various water parameter imbalance as compared to 2ft. 2ft a bit out, the whole balance gets thrown off quickly and easily.
    wahaha. The 2nd lightset was a spare backup, i put it there for testing i cannot handle the brightness. its overwhelming

The hornwort was left for it to grow but after two weeks still like that

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Air drive filter? you mean air pumps? I am in need to replace the filter, the GEX is literally dying on me now. Noticed the motor is heating up and the water is trickling instead of it's usual normal rate flow

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by diazman View Post
    wahaha. The 2nd lightset was a spare backup, i put it there for testing i cannot handle the brightness. its overwhelming

The hornwort was left for it to grow but after two weeks still like that
    I have a lot of hornwort now, : > You want I give you free but only weekend can meet up, I can even let you do shopping at my house. Actually, light intensity is much the same. I thought you have free reflectors? Make a new one lor.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have a lot of hornwort now, : > You want I give you free but only weekend can meet up, I can even let you do shopping at my house. Actually, light intensity is much the same. I thought you have free reflectors? Make a new one lor.
    yup, just exactly what you saw in the picture. the 2nd spare was also fitted with the reflector but when the lights hit the wall wah thanks for the offer bro. What's important now is that i need to replace the filter. Just died just now. Did you purchase the same GEX slim to replace?

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yup, just exactly what you saw in the picture. the 2nd spare was also fitted with the reflector but when the lights hit the wall wah thanks for the offer bro. What's important now is that i need to replace the filter. Just died just now. Did you purchase the same GEX slim to replace?
    Arr...8w totto S?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ouch, thats out of my budget league

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

GEX impaler design no good, doesn't seem to be just filter alone. You getting the eheim one?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

GEX impaler design no good, doesn't seem to be just filter alone. You getting the eheim one?
    Im not sure yet. Thinking of getting either Liberty designs but im tempted to get 2213 canister too. Since their impellers are very good and the motor doesnt heat up alot at all.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Im not sure yet. Thinking of getting either Liberty designs but im tempted to get 2213 canister too. Since their impellers are very good and the motor doesnt heat up alot at all.
    I think motor outside should not affect temperature in tank. When my filter spoilt, I switch on air pump to drive water flow, at least until I get my replacement. End of the day, I am a casual fish keeper who do not mind algae and snails. Just reminder if I overdose or overfeed.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think motor outside should not affect temperature in tank. When my filter spoilt, I switch on air pump to drive water flow, at least until I get my replacement. End of the day, I am a casual fish keeper who do not mind algae and snails. Just reminder if I overdose or overfeed.
    I don't mind the algae since my shrimp takes care of them. However, i cant seem to grow them in the tank, instead they grow on the output where the water flows out from the Hang on filter.

Temperature for the tank have been on the good side till now. Hopefully will stay at that for abit longer

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Air-drive can be undergravel, sponge, HMF filters. Those external breeding boxes from Sudo can be used too, it'll be hang on the back like any other HOF, with the difference bring water is 'pushed' up into the filter box by an air tube as compared to a motor.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Air-drive can be undergravel, sponge, HMF filters. Those external breeding boxes from Sudo can be used too, it'll be hang on the back like any other HOF, with the difference bring water is 'pushed' up into the filter box by an air tube as compared to a motor.
    In the end i cant steer away from a Hang on filter. So dropped by polyart. Saw the 2041 Liberty Ehiem and uncle gave discount from the usual price. brought it home and voilą! haha

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

In the end i cant steer away from a Hang on filter. So dropped by polyart. Saw the 2041 Liberty Ehiem and uncle gave discount from the usual price. brought it home and voilą! haha
    You can say beside your interest, I also pre-programmed you to buy Eheim OHF too. ^^ I knew you would end up with OHF having known the maintenance advantage. lol.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

That's a good buy. The plastic is solid and long-lasting. The transparent type is somewhat more fragile and brittle. I still have three of those not used yet, one is already broken even before I used it. In future, I will buy those with opaque plastic like the one you bought, but it it'll definitely have to be the bigger model (the 200). I am hooked on hang-on filters, lol.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast