2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Should i fix what is not really broken

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,ok,i got 3 grade A crs,ph is 7.2 to 7.4 . The only female has breed for me ten shrimplet,and so far only one shrimplet death for this 6 day of the shrimplet arrive,shld i lower the ph as crs need lower ph. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Re: Should i fix what is not really broken

Quote Originally Posted by armourshrimp36 View Post
    Hi,ok,i got 3 grade A crs,ph is 7.2 to 7.4 . The only female has breed for me ten shrimplet,and so far only one shrimplet death for this 6 day of the shrimplet arrive,shld i lower the ph as crs need lower ph. Thank you.
    How long do you have the shrimplets?

From what I know if you have them for 7.2-7.4 for quite sometime and they breed, then don't touch anything.
    One shrimplet death is nothing, if you make big changes, it could wipe out the whole population.

People have successful breeding them from PH 5-8, so I cannot say whether you should lower or not although most breeders here have a range of PH6.5 or below.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

6days. already

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think if the shrimps are doing fine, should not change anything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

To be honest.. I wouldn't have even let it get to the stage where it's 7.2-7.4pH

Wait until your shrimplets are more stable around 0.8cm in size, then try to do gradual decrease of your pH. But in the first place, you need to find out what's increasing your pH?

- Substrate?
    - Filter media?
    - Ornaments? (rocks etc)
    - Too much water change too often with tap water?

Need you to answer these questions so we can better advice you.. But at face value, I'd recommend you reduce your pH. Try to get as close to 6.5 as possible.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

6days. already
    6 days baby shrimplets???
    lol...you keep track of how many of them?
    Did you saw the dead body of the baby shrimp?
    Did you isolate them? (Please do not that)
    For me, it is impossible to find them or know how many I have.
    In the first 2-3 weeks, they will be hiding and feeding in the moss.

What size is the tank you are housing them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

PH 7.2-7.4 is quite high. Are there coral chips in your tank setup that contribute to the high PH?

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Sounds like a pretty small tank that you can keep track of the shrimplets.

Any other details?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think based on the water parameters of your tank for the ph, might not be ideal for Crs. Since you already have it in your tank and they are fine, maybe you should just choose to leave it at the moment.

While planning for your next tank, maybe you want to read out more before committing to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro, if you are not going to listen to feedback, why you bother to ask us then. Back then already so many bros give you advise on how to lower your PH and yet you decide to keep your CRS at ph 7 and above.

Even though shrimps are small creatures they are still lives. Please keep them in the proper parameters or don't keep them at all. There are so many other shrimps that you can keep at your PH range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If it ain't really broken don't fix it. They breed in that water than let it be unless you start seeing death every single day 2-3 pcs than you need to worry. Like some bro said warning shot were fire but you never take it now you can only look at bro Ecalyte method wait or them to reach 0.8 which should in a month to 2. Than slowly reduce ph down one way you can try when they are ready at 0.8 don't directly change your water parameter use your age water to do it. Last but not least good luck. Hope they survive

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ah miao miao ar....what soil you using ar? Take a picture and show leh...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Please show a picture of the tank.

One last question, are you using a chiller or still using frozen coke bottle?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have lower my ph using peat before adding the crs,it was 6.8 then,but it bounce back to 7plus recently, my tank is 2x 1.5 x1.5,i am not a noob to add crs at 7plus,as mama just give birth to the shrimplet, i do not want to stress the shrimplet,thats why i am here to ask for help,ada soil has expiry i think,given by a bro here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have lower my ph using peat before adding the crs,it was 6.8 then,but it bounce back to 7plus recently, my tank is 2x 1.5 x1.5,i am not a noob to add crs at 7plus,as mama just give birth to the shrimplet, i do not want to stress the shrimplet,thats why i am here to ask for help,ada soil has expiry i think,given by a bro here.
    Umm.... 6.8 is pretty high for CRS too. It's as good as adding CRS at 7.2 pH... there is barely any difference.

Please answer some of my questions so we can better help you.

You need to find out what's increasing your pH

- Substrate?
    - Filter media?
    - Ornaments? (rocks etc)
    - Too much water change too often with tap water?

There's no point in asking for advice here if you can't provide us with a full picture of your circumstances...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

You have not answer me whether you are using a chiller or a frozen coke bottle.

Old/expired soil is best use for Neo type of shrimps(for those with high PH water), unless the water is naturally low in PH like my ground water(PH5), then it is a different ball game(only worry that it becomes powder).

It is amazing that you can count your shrimplets even though it is a week old, I can't even count mine which are 2 weeks old!!!

If there is no more death, I think it is okay, nobody can have 100% survival rate all the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hyun007 View Post
    You have not answer me whether you are using a chiller or a frozen coke bottle.

Old/expired soil is best use for Neo type of shrimps(for those with high PH water), unless the water is naturally low in PH like my ground water(PH5), then it is a different ball game(only worry that it becomes powder).

It is amazing that you can count your shrimplets even though it is a week old, I can't even count mine which are 2 weeks old!!!

If there is no more death, I think it is okay, nobody can have 100% survival rate all the time.
    Maybe he sit or camp infront of his tank more than you?? hahaha but frankly like bro Hyun till today I can never be able to keep track of how many shrimplet and how many survive etc. I got to hand it to you able to keep track hahaha

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

off for 2 days. Stay at home. Spotted the 14 damsfly nymph.decided to unattach the moss from driftwood,and camp infront of the tank for 3hr straight. No joke. My tank temp 25.6 to 26.5 using diy chiller. Xb3 canister filter. No rocks , ada soil, w.c once a week,please do not make fun of me,i really can count my shrimp, hyun,i like to invite you to singapore,my home to count the shrimp,and you can count with me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast