Images
    Country
    Singapore

Aqua soil

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bro, I had a question. I just use ADA aqua soil, but when I add water it became very cloudy not like ADA video so clear when add water. I had being very gentle when adding water. Why become so cloudy ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Aqua soil

Not to worry.. The cloudy water will settle down in one or 2 days..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

For ADA aqua soil, the water is supposed to be added with a plastic sheet or dish on top to disperse the flow (the ADA aqua soil bag usually comes with a small plastic sleeve that you can use for that purpose)... if you do it right, the water flow would not kick up the soil and the water will be clear from the beginning, there will still be some suspended particles but your filter should clear that up within a few hours.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry for asking, Can you use ada amazonia aquasoil on its own? How much should I use for a 2 ft tank?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sakuras View Post
    Sorry for asking, Can you use ada amazonia aquasoil on its own? How much should I use for a 2 ft tank?
    Yes, ADA aqua soil can be used on its own... though if you have the budget, there is also the ADA power sand base substrate (which is recommended for those planting alot of root feeding plants), and a whole range of other base additives from ADA too (depending on your planting requirements).

Usually for 2ft tanks, one ADA aqua soil 9kg bag should suffice. But if you are creating very high slopes to the back of the tank, then perhaps a few more kg of soil may be required.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Take a look at this thread to see how much soil you may need according to your needs http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...t-calculations

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sakuras View Post
    I used 9kg for 2 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    For ADA aqua soil, the water is supposed to be added with a plastic sheet or dish on top to disperse the flow (the ADA aqua soil bag usually comes with a small plastic sleeve that you can use for that purpose)... if you do it right, the water flow would not kick up the soil and the water will be clear from the beginning, there will still be some suspended particles but your filter should clear that up within a few hours.
    ok, its the small particles that skim on the water surface and small dirt bubble thats hard to clear to me . .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by dales View Post
    Not to worry.. The cloudy water will settle down in one or 2 days..
    Yes, it clear very fast , but when you first add water its small particles all cloud up the water .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RoyKoh View Post
    ok, its the small particles that skim on the water surface and small dirt bubble thats hard to clear to me . .
    Yeah, that's normal... its the oily residue from the soil which clump up and accumulate at the water surface. You can just use a fish net to skim the surface and remove them. Water changes will also help clear them up too.

The good news is it only occurs with brand new ADA aqua soil, once it clears, it doesn't appear anymore, even when you re-use the soil in another tank in the future.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Hi, just got a tank from a friend with aqua soil(not sure what brand). Cleaned the tank and tried to dried the soil. Now using it but cloudy water cant seem to set. Already 3-4 days. Any advice guys? Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell.C View Post
    Hi, just got a tank from a friend with aqua soil(not sure what brand). Cleaned the tank and tried to dried the soil. Now using it but cloudy water cant seem to set. Already 3-4 days. Any advice guys? Thank you in advance.
    Cloudy water during the first few days after setup is normal. It is probably just bacteria bloom and it will settle after several days. No worries. If you like to get the immediate water clear, can try using API Accu-Clear.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Ahh..Thanks very much. Thought maybe the soil has broken down hence the muddy texture and silt. Can even see the dust circulating in the tank when filter in on ��