Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this Green dust Algae?

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Is this Green dust Algae?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    You should get a good laugh of my "hateful algae" picture. It's minor case of bba.
    If you look at one of my tanks, the rocks all covered with GSA.
    Haha, bro, i think your rocks looks natural too... i remember seeing your ramhorn sliding a clean line of road when it passed by...haha

Quote Originally Posted by Marlinsons View Post
    Mo more more more please.... I give up I will accept algae in mybeautiful tank... Waaaaaahhh...

Thanks guys, I am cured!
    This is very funny, lol.. actually, algae does tell us something is lacking or too much in the tank, so its really quite hard to have a perfect, no algae situation... wait for few months, you will slowly see they grow... happy algae-ing...haha

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Haha, bro, i think your rocks looks natural too... i remember seeing your ramhorn sliding a clean line of road when it passed by...haha
    Now it has 1 type of algae that tells me something is really wrong... hair algae boom in last 5 days. I had itchy fingers and dosed abit (i swear ).
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I hate hair algae the most. Anyway, a shot of my lazy Oto sitting on a piece of leftover husk. This piece originally had some Java Fern tied on it. I kept it in a separate tank, the fern died from insufficient light. Anyway, you can see some GBA growing. Very slow for some reason, maybe because of my Apple Snails.

The piece of wood behind it is a twisted wood I originally bought from C328 for use in a smaller scape. Finally decided to just dump it my community tank and it has grown some green algae here and there.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I usually have the habit of smelling my tank water to gauge its healthiness. I reckon this is the 'pro' way to gauge it, lol. I am sure some forummers here, especially those with oldish mentors, do it too.

If the water has that distinct pleasant algaeic small, I will be bright and happy. But if it has that fishy smell, I worry much, and will do frequent and big water changes. So far, I do not experience any fishy smell in my tank. Hope I don't.

You know what, a little algae actually has a good side.

Why I say this, give the hobbyist a algae-guage. Now keep it to minimum and if it flourish something is darn wrong
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    I usually have the habit of smelling my tank water to gauge its healthiness. I reckon this is the 'pro' way to gauge it, lol. I am sure some forummers here, especially those with oldish mentors, do it too.

If the water has that distinct pleasant algaeic small, I will be bright and happy. But if it has that fishy smell, I worry much, and will do frequent and big water changes. So far, I do not experience any fishy smell in my tank. Hope I don't.
    Actually I also smell my tank as well. Especially if the tank has the brown algae, it smells very algae-ish. Others does not have such strong odors.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It's just like wine-tasting. With experience, one can even tell different types of algae apart, lol.
    Actually I also smell my tank as well. Especially if the tank has the brown algae, it smells very algae-ish. Others does not have such strong odors.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It's just like wine-tasting. With experience, one can even tell different types of algae apart, lol.

That is why you are a veteran, and I am only a regular.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

There are many veterans who used to do things by trial and error, usually making many errors in the process. Fish-keeping is a hobby not only for beginners to learn, but also for veterans to learn new things. Like in the past, there was no such thing as water-testing, but nowadays, anyone can benefit from the modern methods, which I am sure many veterans wish they had them during their time. By the way, the only wine I ever tasted was wu jia pi, lol.
    That is why you are a veteran, and I am only a regular.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

How did your habit start? i don't smell the water, i smell my arm...
    The problem is when i smell a certain scent, i will look for hair algae which i hate so so so much...
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

After keeping fish for some time, one would have an idea of what healthy tank water smells like. It is definitely not a foul smell like slimy and fishy water, which suggests decaying organism. A tank which is constantly well-oxygenated will have that distinctive 'fresh' smell.
    I only smell the water in the tank and not the tank water on my arm or hands.

How did your habit start? i don't smell the water, i smell my arm...
    The problem is when i smell a certain scent, i will look for hair algae which i hate so so so much...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

share this pic online, not mine ,GBA growing on the turtle head

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    share this pic online, not mine ,GBA growing on the turtle head
    Funky turtle... thanks for sharing...LOL

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wow amazing. Have not seen this before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12