Hi Bubberls,
I think you have done well to cycle the tank and plant.
If I were to do different, I would concentrate on fewer species of plants and higher quantity in bigger bunches. Case of collectoritis that we all get but the sooner you get over it the better and your aquascapes will improve.
As it is now, there's too many kinds of bg plants and stem plants, swap some with mid ground plants like short cryptocorynes-C wendtii's/C petchii or easier to manage Anubias. Some mosses can also be used as mid-ground plant eg-Spiky moss.
IMHO one of the more beautiful and easy mosses to keep in our warm weather. [Easier as it can tolerate 28ºC.]
Vallis grows very long and are not suited to tanks ≤2ft tall. Can be longer than 4ft! even for the thinner vallis nana. My own experience I manage to grow it 3.5ft+. Nice for awhile till it started to block everything.
It would also help by putting in a few drops[or many drops!
] of Green Gain to boost rooting and speed up growth in general.
You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung
Bookmarks