Diffuser should be enough for that tank size!

Decided to rescape my 1.5ft tank. This time around I would like to create grassy land with three in the middle, inspired by "Filipe Oliveira" work on IAPLC 2007.
It’s already been 2 weeks, the wood have not sink yet as you can see there is rock on the braches. Spiky moss is start growing but 90% of Utricularia graminifolia melted. Probably because I squish it too hard durring the platting, it is fragile plant and easily breaks
. The good thing is the one that left is start growing, can see couple of new leaves sprouting.
Anyone see Utricularia graminifolia (Cendol plant) at LFS recently? Colorful do not have it in stock.
Below is the photo, any C&C are welcome
Tank spec:
Size:;
1.5'x1'x1.2'
Plant:
Utricularia graminifolia
Taxiphyllum sp. (Spiky moss)
Fish:
Danio margaritatus/Celestial Pearl Danio
Invertebrate:
Caridina cf. Babaulti var. Malayan (Malayan shrimp)
Substrate:
ADA aquasoil Africana
Europet fine riversand
Granite rocks
Lighting:
36W PL 6500K
Last edited by Shadow; 27th Aug 2008 at 09:30.

Diffuser should be enough for that tank size!

That maybe true the other reason of using reactor is to reduce the flow. I'm using Ehem 2213 which is too powerfull for sparsely planted tank
Last edited by Shadow; 24th Jun 2008 at 09:47.
Hi Robert, very nice tank you have setup, simple in design and less plants mean less maintenance. Is this picture taken with your new camera, canon 400D? Very clear shot.

Thanks Cpark. This was taken using P&S cameratoo lazy to take out my DSLR from drybox and set up the flash
. I will do that once its mature, for now I'm looking for cendol plant to replace the melted one. It should look much better once the substrate covered by cendol plant
at least in my limited imagination
![]()
Not a limited imagination, it will be truly awesome with Utricularia graminifolia, and lets imagine UG pointing neatly towards the white sand
A very refreshing tank you have.
Maurice Cheong
A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...




Wow did i see you draw the golden ratio on the tank wall ?

Yeah in the sense. Actually, I'm using string and stick it with sticky tape on the fron tank wall. That way I know where I should put my focal point which is in this case tree. As you may notice the location of the rocks which seperate the wite sand and ADA soil also followed golden rule. Not sure whether it will improve the scape or not, I'm still learning
![]()
Last edited by Shadow; 24th Jun 2008 at 17:55.

time to update. The moss has grown prety well but the UG seems to be grwing very-very slow. 2 months have passed but not much UG grow
![]()
Last edited by Shadow; 3rd Sep 2008 at 00:03.
your moss is growing crazily fast!!! must be the co2....



Your moss tree looks really good !!! How about another tree with weeping moss ?![]()


nice miniature underwater tree! nice and simple set up
What is your water temperature? You use chiller?
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Wow your tree looks really good. Ok I'm inspired to add moss to my driftwood![]()



Shadow... I noticed a reactor in your tank. I presume you inject CO2 into your tank. What is your injection rate? Do you have any algae issues especially black beard algae with such a low bioload?![]()
Phenominal, i like the idea of another tree with weeping moss. It would be like a weeping willow![]()
Verminator![]()
Aquatic fanatic and keen learner of aquascaping
The canvas is what you make it...




nice tree!! but find that the "leaves" abit too big..
the moss on the floor is abit distracting and steal some attraction away from the tree..
Bookmarks