Country
    Singapore

Where to buy my first tank.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi

I would like to upgrade my small 2g tank to a bigger 2.5 ft one. However most of the LFS have only small 2gal tanks. Anyone can suggest where to buy a bigger tank. Prefer one with cabinet , lights built in. Not want anything too expensive to start with.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where to buy my first tank.

Go to Nayang Aquarium near Jalan Kayu.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Seaview farm should be good for you. Alternatives include Qian Hu and other LFSes like C328, Y618 etc.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

nanyang =seaview

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If you live west side, can go to seven star aquarium at jurong east. You can get 'no frills' tank plus stand from them, not expensive. Otherwise they have display set with cabinet with higher price.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you everyone.
    I will make a trip to sea view and qian hu.
    I also saw a few tanks at the pet walk at serangoon nth. 2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you everyone.
    I will make a trip to sea view and qian hu.
    I also saw a few tanks at the pet walk at serangoon nth. 2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

seaview or custom made by tankjunction !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Will seaview be cheaper for a 4ft tank since is more mass and not custom?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Went to seaview to see the tanks. Cheap and about 1/2 the price compared to custom tanks but quality is not there.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi , sorry noob here .. Why do we need a good quality tank ? isnt it the same ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Re: Where to buy my first tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Hi , sorry noob here .. Why do we need a good quality tank ? isnt it the same ?
    A good quality tank has better build quality so the chances of structural flaws and leaks are minimized. In addition, the nicest tanks are usually also made of higher clarity glass with minimal silicone on the edges, so that all the flora and fauna in the tank look their best.

Not all tanks are the same, there are many different levels of tank quality out there.

Imho, its always worth investing in good quality tanks as you will be looking at them everyday, no point getting tanks with low quality glass and messy silicone, after all the effort and work, the setup still ends up looking less than optimal.

Also imagine after getting a low quality tank, then you decide to get a better tank, have to go through the hassle of decommissioning the old tank and transferring everything to the new tank, might as well get a good one from the beginning (i went through that phase before and its a real hassle).
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    A good quality tank has better build quality so the chances of structural flaws and leaks are minimized. In addition, the nicest tanks are usually also made of higher clarity glass with minimal silicone on the edges, so that all the flora and fauna in the tank look their best.

Not all tanks are the same, there are many different levels of tank quality out there.

Imho, its always worth investing in good quality tanks as you will be looking at them everyday, no point getting tanks with low quality glass and messy silicone, after all the effort and work, the setup still ends up looking less than optimal.

Also imagine after getting a low quality tank, then you decide to get a better tank, have to go through the hassle of decommissioning the old tank and transferring everything to the new tank, might as well get a good one from the beginning (i went through that phase before and its a real hassle).
    I'm going through that right now. Because of Bro's Urban highly poisonous high clarity glass tank, make me want to change to one too. Lol.

Anyway sorry TS for being out of topic.
    =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I think it depends on budget too. I was looking for a 4ft tank with cabinet. I went to see the tanks at seaview. While fully functional, the silicon they use was very messy, and i wanted a higher quality cabinet too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by lionelckg View Post
    I'm going through that right now. Because of Bro's Urban highly poisonous high clarity glass tank, make me want to change to one too. Lol.
    I was also poisoned by other people's tanks... so i'm just spreading the poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquasling View Post
    I think it depends on budget too. I was looking for a 4ft tank with cabinet. I went to see the tanks at seaview. While fully functional, the silicon they use was very messy, and i wanted a higher quality cabinet too.
    Yeah, for those large tank sizes and cabinets, its best to custom make them to your own quality specifications and measurments... especially if it is going to be in a prominent area of your home like the living room or entrance.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I recently went to Green Chapter @ Macpherson to purchase a tank there. I personally feel the service is much better compared to the other LFS i have experienced thus far. Additionally, they have a premium selection of wood and rocks which you can scape your hardscape there. This works for me because i usually buy my tank first and then visit the LFS to buy the wood, and when i eventually put them in my tank they don't turn out the way i want them to be. Do look for GC uncle Ronnie, he provides excellent advice.
    Adoketa, Breitbinden, Paciquamis, Diplotaenia, Elizabethae, Mendezi, Inka, Agassizi, L046, L066, Crystal Red Shrimps

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up Re: Where to buy my first tank.

I totally agree with marle... Green Chapter is one of my favorite shops too, along with East Ocean.

Both stores are run by chaps who are aquascapers themselves and they have actual planted tanks in the shops which demonstrate the equipment and materials that they sell. They really "walk the talk" as the saying goes.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread or getting off topic, but has anyone come across a 5-plan low iron glass 2ft tank that is deeper than 30cm and has a max height of 36cm?
    -=I work in the dark to serve the light=-

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Never been to green chapter. How is parking over there? Is it comvenient?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

the nearest parking is right in front of GC n there's not alot of it.
    -=I work in the dark to serve the light=-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast