Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Rotala not doing well

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    what is the best condition for rotala to grow? my rotala is growing but then the stems very thin,not as fat as when i got from teo. may i noe what nutrient defieciency is in my tank? my cabombas is growing well, but not my rotalas.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Which Rotala species are you referring to? The redder ones are more demanding especially on light and CO2.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    When did you get from Teo?

Recently i got a few foc stalks of Rotala Macrandra from teo as Ah liew asked me to try it out. I noticed that almost all of rotala there were grown emersed. The emersed rotala macrandra is totally different from its submerged form. Obviously, the former's stems and leaves are thicker and orangy in color. After sometime in tank, the new thinner leaflets and stem will emerge and they are redder, growing from the top stem. Not to mention the new stem is also relatively thinner.

Ah liew said that last few weeks may not be good to start planting rotala as the weather was very hot and the transitional period from emersed to submerged is crucial for their survival.

On the other hand, if you are talking about rotala indica, i am not so sure as the stem of indica should be thicker than macrandra.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i dunno whether is indica or macrandra, but this plant was in 1 of his display tanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    anyone can help?