Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Christmas Moss drying ??

Christmas Moss drying ??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have bought some of the above and planted them in my 2ft tank. But they are turning brown and drying real fast,though my other plants like riccia is bubbling and app looks green and healthy.

My java moss and taiwan moss also suffering ..[]

I have changed 30% of the water and add in a teaspoon of baking soda and the reading on the JBL test kit still shows the below setting.

Temp 26-28deg
    PH 7,6 above ???
    KH ..more than 16 ??
    Co2 - 2 bubble/sec

Can anyone help?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kH at 16.... u sure.. way too high already.... wat fish do you have. Anyway, moss generally need cooler water. If you can maintain 26deg it shuold do fine.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

kH at 16.... u sure.. way too high already.... wat fish do you have. Anyway, moss generally need cooler water. If you can maintain 26deg it shuold do fine.

Hi sherchoo,
    KH 16 according to the JBL testkit reading.i keep 8 cardinal tetra,2 bumble bee,2 sae, 50 yamatos.All doing fine except yamato where 1 or 2 died for the pass 1 week.

Still puzzle

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

jus check against the PH to find out whats the correct KH level u need

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kH at 16 is way too high....you might want to stop adding baking soda till your kH drop to around 4. BTW, is there any chance that there is coral chips in the tank that is causing the high kH?

Try checking your test kit with tap water, our tap water should have kH less than 2.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi edwin

I will agree with everyone here that your KH is way too high....did you check the expiry of the test kit? Not only is it way too high but if your PH is at 7.6, you have also way over injected CO2 and you fish should be kaputs by now.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    2 bubbles/sec can pver inject?
    btw... i think mosses like shade...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    tristan....KH at 16 ...PH at 7.6...what do you think....obviously something is amissed....shade alone is only one factor contributing to its environment.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oi.. 2 bubbles per sec ok.... 2ft tank... how to have too much CO2? it's the testkits lah...
    I keep mine in the fridge.. last longer...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kh is really on the extremely high side. Our tap water, if I didn't remember wrongly, is at 0 kH. You must have something in the tank that makes the KH so high, OR too much baking soda (which I doubt). In any case, I dun think plants would not do well in such conditions, let alone fishes. pH also quite alkaline. And not many fishes like alkaline conditions, except maybe African or Taganyika cichlids.