Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Successful Brood of A. cacatuoides

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys!! Been quiet for a while now 'cos my PC crashed on me. [] Yup, sad story and too broke to buy a new one now. BTW, it was good to see you today Simon, sorry I was in a rush for my meeting back in the office. Paisay lah. Eh, saw the new Apistomania site, GREAT JOB! Oredi registered myself.

OK. Good news is I've gotten myself a new brood of babies for the cuckatoos. Bad news is, only left with about 20 of 'em. The problem? They're in a community tank. Those cardinals are nastier than you think. The good news again is, the second female is full blown yellow and already very territorial in her 'hole'. [] Can't see any brood yet from her though but, should be anytime soon.

Water parameters - pH 6.6, kH 1, plenty of frozen & live food. Most importantly, sudden change of water. Changed half the water of the 3 ft tank, replaced it with aged water. WALA!! Those cuckatoos are in for a wild time man!
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quite true regarding the water change, you know. My rams also bred about 1-2 days after a 40% water change. Think it kind of stimulated them.[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Nick. [] Haven't seen you around, you new around here? Congrats on your new Ram brood. Any chance you're local? Where'd you get them pair? If you're into Dwarfs, welcome to the club.
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi A.moae!

Congrats on the new brood! I am new 2 apisto n was wondering wat color variety of cacautoide u have? I'm looking 4 the red variety. If u r thinking of selling ur latest offspring , pls inform me.

B.F.G
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya, everytime u water change, be ready my A. tefe female has gone into hiding again

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No lah. I'm into Aquarealms for 9 months, then saw the birth of Aquatic Quotient. So, about 1 year liao. It's just that I like to be a silent reader, that's all. Every day, I would log on here (or issit didn't log in ? )

Regarding my rams, initially I got them (10 of them) from Ben last August. Since then, 3 of them have died from unknown reasons. I think maybe old age since they are quite big size when I bought them. Then I added 3 female rams, from the cichlid farm next to Qian Hu. One died after 2 months, think cannot adjust to my tank conditions. I then got the 2 ft tank from Jacian, and turn it into a breeding tank, putting in dead leaves, driftwood, gravel, flowerpot to simulate their breeding environment. Then put in 1 pair after observing their behaviour in my community tank. They adjusted almost immediately, and spawned after only 1 week! But, they ate the eggs soon after. Only 1-2 months later, they decide to spawn again (I almost gave up on them![] ). And which is what I got today. []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kekekeee... usually, u need a few trys b4 the parents stop their egg eating habit.. u using indian almond leaves?

ohh ya, since I'm at it.. u guys can sent me some of your dwarf cichlid pics and I can put into yr member profile page

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    very good very good a.moae =) may breeding of yr apisto be with you man...yup usually doing water changes do help but when a pair of apisto are ready, they are more then ready.

SImon know my cockatoo always breed and breed but usually i will do testes on the spawn =) anyway my double red cockatoo bred again too this time milky white eggs which may mean unfertilised but not 100% true we'll see bout it.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey thanks for the input guys![] Guess with Apistomania up and running, there should be some interesting stuffs comin' up huh. Simon, you the man.

Hey, Bene, luv the articles you wrote man. Potential pulitzer.

Nick, thanks for sharin'that info. Would luv to try some Rams. Jus couldn't seem to get those females. Suggestions
    anyone?

In the process of seting up a new 3 ftr. Lots of plants goin' in, not to mention driftwoods. Yeah guys, this is gonna be Apisto babe paradise! Keep y'all posted.

Oh BTW, if you guys are goin' to any farms for Apistos and plants, pls SMS me hor. My no. 9777 1199, alternatively, [email protected]

Asta La Vista Apisto Baby!! Kekeee[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i got lots of ram last time was a crazy dwaft keeper...=) can try Ben at tiong baru he has stocks of ram male and female.

Yea me aslo doing a 6ft just for apisto babe paradize =)
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    any of u guys interested in kribs? H20 got someother species of kribs (not the common ones u find in lfs) they have N. anomala.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi A.moae,congrat on your brood.my A.rotkeil just spawned.the female is very protective of the frys.almost kill the male.guess don`t need him around after the job is done.hehe.
    Simon, N.anomala is the golden dwarf cichlid that Vican was looking for.is this a new batch?
    When my fishes are happy, I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya, got me a pair too.. there is a particular red one in the tank.. but according to andi, there isnt a female for him (diff subspecies)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    where are they located?near the front or at the back of the shop?
    When my fishes are happy, I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    together with his apisto collection... shld be at the top level, along the first few tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    at the front of the shop, top level third tank if i nv forget.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Guys![] Great to hear your replies. Thanks.
    Guys, I know H2O has West African dwarfs but to get a pair...dun think so.

Francis, your Rotkeil bred?!! Wow! Congrats. What's the brood like? Y'know, you could now be sittin' with the top breeders 'cos Rotkeil is a difficult fish to breed. What's the water like?

Thanks Bene. Remember the second female I was talkin' about. Well guess what, just saw her this morning with a large brood of wrigglers![] Oh BOY!! It's mating season!