4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Brass bubble counter leakage problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My planted tank is into the 2nd week. I have a co2 atomizer (UP brand L shape type) which was connected to a brass bubble counter n solenoid. All was running fine till 2 days ago, no mist or bubble was coming out from the atomizer after the solenoid was switched on for more than an hour. Normally it takes about 5 mins to bring the co2 to accumulate enough pressure to drive it. Upon closer look, some vapors are formed in the tubing between bubble counter n check valve.

I dried the tubing and hooked up the atomizer, bubble counter and check valve. I see bubble forming from the atomizer but it is not like how it used to be. Then I turned the needle valve to increase the flow till the mist started to form, but from the rate of 2bps to a bps which was too fast for me to track was not so comfortable to me.

The subsequent morning, I switched on the solenoid just before I went to work. It was not working again, even though I did not touch the needle valve. I dismantle the atomizer and put the tubing in the water and I can see air bubble. I concluded that the atomizer was clogged. Last night I got a new one and it produced the same bad results. This time I looked into the brass bubble counter. I did a soap test and found the leakage from the top cap of the counter. The leakage caused the pressure to escape and cannot drive the atomizer. Now without the bubble counter, the atomizer was working and forming good mist.

I thought brass bubble counter should be more reliable than a normal plastic bubble counter, but I guessed I am wrong. Why does the leakage appears out of the blue? Is there anything that I can take note of.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Brass bubble counter leakage problem

Normally you open the bubble counter. Open the top part where the leak is, see if there any defect on the seal or the glass/brass it self. If not close it back, turn tightly and try it again.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/