Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants-Peter Hiscock

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Came across this book in Kinokuniya-TSC. It's worth 50 cardinals and I think anyone who wants to embark into this hobby but do not know how should get a copy.

Not only is it a plant catalogue with good photographs and plant information, it is also by far the most elaborate aquarium book that focus on planting you can find in our bookstores. It actually has a feeding section, not for fishes though, but for plants!

Covers plants physiology; setup; maintenance-fertilising and pruning; propagating; aquascaping and a plants catalogue.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you referring to 50 jumbo cardinals or 50 small ones :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    So how much is it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    gan sells 50 cardinals for $30 (small ones)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wat is the name/author of the book?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:6df60f7da5="CT"]wat is the name/author of the book?[/quote:6df60f7da5]
    Hi CT, how about... Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants by Peter Hiscock (Ppsst! take a look at the thread subject )

If it's what Geoffrey describe, ie covering plants physiology; setup; maintenance-fertilising and pruning; etc etc, then it sounds like a deserving book in our home library.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

I agree 100%. This was the first plant book I bought and I still reference it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oops.. miss the thread title. sorry abt it... so the book cost around 30 bucks. seem quite worth the money.. anyway has the 20% discount at kino end?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually i find the hiscock book a wee stuffy (something in the olde Brit aire?)...... my own choice for a good all-round plantbie book would be Ines Scheurmann's Aquarium PLants Manual (Barron's), which at $14 is a real steal. But any book is better than none!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:177ae77200="RonWill"]... Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants by Peter Hiscock (Ppsst! take a look at the thread subject )

If it's what Geoffrey describe, ie covering plants physiology; setup; maintenance-fertilising and pruning; etc etc, then it sounds like a deserving book in our home library.[/quote:177ae77200]

That's the same guy that authored Aquarium Designs - Inspired by Nature, which I wrote abt in Chit-Chat. I don't know abt his plant books, but I find his fish book very well illustrated and a refreshing read. Btw, I have a copy of Innes Schuermann's Aquarium Plts book which I got for $14 from Borders, but I don't find it that special.