Country
    United_States

DIY Lillie pipes

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...pic.php?t=1784

Are ADA Lillie pipes available in Singapore? How much do they run? I am making a few for hobbyist in the US and wanted to make sure that my price was fair. There are drawings attached if anyone wants to try to DIY.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: DIY Lillie pipes

[quote:bbc6fae9ff="IUnknown"]http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1784

Are ADA Lillie pipes available in Singapore? How much do they run? I am making a few for hobbyist in the US and wanted to make sure that my price was fair. There are drawings attached if anyone wants to try to DIY.
    Thanks[/quote:bbc6fae9ff]

thanks for sharing IUnknown, really nice piece of hardware. The ADA lily pipe isn't available here in SG, so don't know the price on that.

Hi Iunknown, I am one of the people that was actually interested in your lily pipe on the other forum. The lily pipes start at about 45-50 dollars and go up from there in Japan. I really doubt that hardly anyone will pay that in the U.S unfortunately. Good luck!

this is not the smallest one...but it is 6120 yen or $55

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/biotop-jp/1...108801/257345/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Really cool....

Why does Amano not use normal spray bars instead? Is there a difference in the water flow? Or is the Lily Pipe for aesthetic purpose?
    What's the purpose of making them in glass? It's so breakable.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The reason Amano does not use rainbars is in one of the fe English editions of the Aqua Journal. He says the release of pressure when the water exits the tiny holes of the rainbar causes CO2 to be released.

(Speculating) Glass is easier to clean then plastic. Harder for the algae to get a strong foothold. I think also to make the equipment "invisible". Clear plastic won't work as they get scratched easily during scrubbing and are prone to crazing.

I get the impression Amano and the Japanese in general to be rather careful and meticulous and taking care not to break fixtures like this is no big deal to them. Also, if you really care this much about the aesthetics, then you just have to put in the extra care.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It seems to me like a deliberate attempt by Amano to reverse the usual filter inlet and outlet mechanisms by having a vertical 'rainbar' for intake and single point for output.

I wonder what kind of effect it will have on water circulation ... Esp. when the inlet and outlet pipes are positioned so close to each other.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Even with glass fixtures, Amano still takes them out before photography.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks