Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: 9w Clip-on light

9w Clip-on light

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    does anyone knows why my lights suddenly turned dim? I have a feeling that something is spoilt but dunno where it is spoilt. I on it around 12 hrs a day for my 1ft moss tank. If it is spoilt is it advisable to repair or get a new one in terms of costs?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 9w Clip-on light

You may check the tube life span. Normally is on the packing box. For PL9W if you are buying from outside lighting shop normal is only <3,500 hours and is very cheap type. It is justify for what you pay for the quality of goods.

Anyway just change one to solve your problem.

Mason

[quote:45f5bbb48c="moss_fanatic"]Hi,
    does anyone knows why my lights suddenly turned dim? I have a feeling that something is spoilt but dunno where it is spoilt. I on it around 12 hrs a day for my 1ft moss tank. If it is spoilt is it advisable to repair or get a new one in terms of costs?[/quote:45f5bbb48c]

I am not so good in repairing and stuffs like that... I dun noe which kind of PL tubes should i buy... anyone out there who can repair lights at a cheap cost?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:1bea54150f="moss_fanatic"]I am not so good in repairing and stuffs like that... I dun noe which kind of PL tubes should i buy... anyone out there who can repair lights at a cheap cost?[/quote:1bea54150f]

Hey, check your PL tube is it a 9 watt with 2 pins?

I got mine from Sheng Siong Supermarket at Sungei Road for S$2.80 only.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    As with all type of light tubes, when the tube starts to dim, it's time to replace. Usually that's all that's needed. Repairs are only needed when the ballast is faulty and the tube does not light up.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Re:

[quote:9941bc0f52="hoonming"][quote:9941bc0f52="moss_fanatic"]I am not so good in repairing and stuffs like that... I dun noe which kind of PL tubes should i buy... anyone out there who can repair lights at a cheap cost?[/quote:9941bc0f52]

I got mine from Sheng Siong Supermarket at Sungei Road for S$2.80 only. [/quote:9941bc0f52]
    how to check if its 2 pin? hehe.... i really dun noe about this stuff..... i just unscrew and take out to check ah?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    yes. if you can take out the light tube, just bring the light tube to any lighting shop to look for a replacement.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:80c2852b58="moss_fanatic"][quote:80c2852b58="hoonming"][quote:80c2852b58="moss_fanatic"]I am not so good in repairing and stuffs like that... I dun noe which kind of PL tubes should i buy... anyone out there who can repair lights at a cheap cost?[/quote:80c2852b58]

I got mine from Sheng Siong Supermarket at Sungei Road for S$2.80 only. [/quote:80c2852b58]
    how to check if its 2 pin? hehe.... i really dun noe about this stuff..... i just unscrew and take out to check ah?[/quote:80c2852b58]

For mine I can see the two pins connected to two wires.

If yours can't be seen then need to unscrew it, should be quite easily done.

Hi all,
    I just changed my light tube today.. wah.. super bright man... ..
    anyway, it was kinda different... it was kinda orange and not totally white... can someone tell me the difference between white and orange and pink and bluish tint lights? i heard that they have different purposes..
    C328 uncle recommended me the orange one but i din noe y..... .. can someone explain ? thnx

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    light tubes come in diferrent Kelvin (colour temperature) levels, usually from 5500K to 10,000K... planted tanks usually use 6000-8000K. Tubes below 5000K tend to give out a yellowish/orangey tint... those above 10000L are blueish..... 6500-8000K are closest to natural sunlight. Doesn't really make a big difference for plants, but the colour is your own preference. Just change to 6500-8000K if you want neutral (green-to-blue) tint.