Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cardinal Tetra weird behaviour

Feedback Score

Cardinal Tetra weird behaviour

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi. Just added about 15 cardinal tetras to a tank which already had 4 black tetras and 5 rummy nose tetras in it. Yesterday when I put them in, they were fine. Swimming about nicely and mingling...no problem.

Today, they're all swimming in a school back and forth at the BACK of the tank behind the plants and all. They're not even swimming in the middle or the front.

Why are they doing this? Are they afraid of the black tetras or the rummy nose tetras? I've kept cardinal tetras before but never seen them this way. Wondering if anyone has an idea.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    that's exactly what my rasboras are doing in my shrimp tank! I guess they need some excercise.
    What da fish!

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:861e7b8e92="Kross"] that's exactly what my rasboras are doing in my shrimp tank! I guess they need some excercise. [/quote:861e7b8e92]

Well...it's not their swimming back & forth that's bothering me. They're swimming out of sight. Wasted lah...since cannot see them. Even when I'm far away, they don't come out. sigh

Oh well...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    probably they are afraid of ur black tetra or ur rummy nose... or else they are still unfamiliar with the new environment...wait a few more days and see how ba

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    probably they are afraid of ur black tetra or ur rummy nose... or else they are still unfamiliar with the new environment...wait a few more days and see how ba
    5days and counting..... still swimming up and down, left and right. Now my scarlet badis had joined in. Seems like the newly added Candidi has also joined!
    What da fish!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u mean still the same ar?? if still like u try separate the rummynose n black tetra and see whether got improvement...if still no...i also dunno y

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How are the Cardinals now? Still hiding at the back?

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:cb960fe831="FishFan"]How are the Cardinals now? Still hiding at the back?[/quote:cb960fe831]

They are better now. Did a bit of "renovation" last weekend. Took out some plants to give them more space to swim about. My tank was quite heavily planted.

Also I think they have gotten used to being in their new home already.

Thanks for asking!