Images
    Country
    Singapore

planting 'pellia'

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Can someone share their experience in planting 'pellia'? I've read throught forums and articles. It's mentioned that 'pellia' are pretty hardy plants which could tolerate water temperature of up to 30 degrees.

But this does not happen to mine. Patches of my 'pellia' foreground turns brown and subsequently whithered away.

I've just rescaped my 5ftby1ftby1ft tank using only 'pellia' as foreground plants. I'm using 2*36watt FL tube with a fan to cool off the water. Normally the temperature hits around 26 to 27 degrees when the lights are on. When lights out, it is about 28degrees. Fan will be off too.

Anyone has any idea what could be happening?

The 'pellia' in my office, which is air-conditioned is growing very well. So I reckon it must have to do with the temperature. I was contemplating getting a chiller just for them. Hope could get some valuable advice on kicking start these plants.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    as to what i know, they need really cool water in order to thrive pretty well. but there are reports saying that they could be growing too in temp ard 28deg.
    Founder of theWaterBox

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi carlfsk,

You have answer your own question.Low temperature is the key to growing them fat and green.