Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to connect chiller go power point??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Exclamation how to connect chiller go power point??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Sorry bros amd sis,

I just bought a healia chiller hs 28a. But how to I connect the plug to the power point? ?? Head different. I yried searching online but can find such question or answer. Sorry to ask dumb question but please help.thank uou in advance

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: how to connect chiller go power point??

Some picture, if you can, might help others to understand and help you with your problem better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If I understand you right, the power adapter is those 2 pins plug with a shorter width apart than our normal power point.
    You can get an extension adapter or multipurpose plug from any diy shop and that should solve your issue

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro picture attached. so i just need to get adapter?20140508_075102_resized.jpg20140508_075056_resized.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Australian plug, just get converter from hardware shop, only $2.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you all. sorry to post on wrong thread.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bosses please help my never ending problems. Just hooked up my hailea hs 28a to my eheim 350 to my 2ft 55l tank. I set chiller to 1.5+- error, 25 degs. My room is about 30deg. Chiller on for about 4 hours now. And it keeps kickig in and out every 10 mins. Its a new chiller from aquariust chamber. Please help how can I stop it form doing that. I want an actual temperature of 26 deg. 1399553896150.jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Chillers will usually need some time to lower the temperature in a tank when first setup, once it achieves your set temperature the compressor should kick in less often to maintain the set temperature.

Probably just have to wait a few more hours for the temperature to be stable.

Btw, did you put a temperature probe in the tank to control the chiller?
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Subdave View Post
    Bosses please help my never ending problems. Just hooked up my hailea hs 28a to my eheim 350 to my 2ft 55l tank. I set chiller to 1.5+- error, 25 degs. My room is about 30deg. Chiller on for about 4 hours now. And it keeps kickig in and out every 10 mins. Its a new chiller from aquariust chamber. Please help how can I stop it form doing that. I want an actual temperature of 26 deg. 1399553896150.jpg
    Possible to advise your water flow. I see 2 tanks side by side but no water bridge so I assume you are cooling the left tank. I can't figure out why there are 4 hose. It seems like you have 2 more hose than necessary.

The flow should go like this.
    1. Water from tank to Canister
    2. Canister to chiller
    3. Chiller back to tank.

Need more information on your setup in order to identify any problem.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If you have a thermometer, it might help to see if your water temperature reaches your setting of 25 degrees. When the chiller kicks in again, check if your temperature did reach 27-28 degree or whichever number that the chiller is suppose to kick in.

Just a thought came to mind. You didn't connect your water such that tank water flows into chiller then chiller to canister.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I do not have and external probe. Worried it might void the warranty. I dont know my flow rate.i dont have anything on my filter to control it. Its 1 2ft tank with a mesh divider. Water flows through the mesh easy. There is only 3 green hose. Tank to filter 1 hose. Filter to chiller1 hose. Chiller to tank 1 hose. The white tube is me trying to drip acclimated my shrimp.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thermometer reads 25. I connect tank out to filter in. Filter out to chiller in.chiller out to tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thermometer reads 25 when your chiller kicks in or when kicks out? When chiller kicks in, I assume the temperature reads 27-28 degree?

Both hose (in and out) on the same side of tank? Good to have it further away from each other so water temperature is more evenly spread.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Was 26 when kick in. 25+ when stop. I but in the in hose featured.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I suspect the flow for your chiller is insufficient. I'm using both a hailea and a arctica now. My hailea exhibited the same issues, kicking in and out too frequently at 5-10 mins, until I found someone to fix a temperature probe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Subdave View Post
    Was 26 when kick in. 25+ when stop. I but in the in hose featured.
    Chiller still kick in and out every 5-10 min?

I don't think there is anything wrong with your chiller but instead your temperature kicks in (26) and kicks out (25+) is within range. It doesn't take long for water to heat up from 25+ to 26 in a room temperature of 30 degree. Many has tried before to freezing a bottle of water and drop into the tank to cool. The ice melts really quickly, like within 20 min.

Try setting to lower than 25 and maybe the kick in interval will be longer. User 24 and then 23 to check the interval needed for the chiller to kick in.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i change the chiller thermometer down 1.1 deg. so it reads 25.1 when my water is actually 26. hope that helps. how do i adjust my filter flow rate? i cant set lower then 26 cause my betta who is in the other divider is already not happy that his water has gotten colder.

Quote Originally Posted by Darick View Post
    Chiller still kick in and out every 5-10 min?

I don't think there is anything wrong with your chiller but instead your temperature kicks in (26) and kicks out (25+) is within range. It doesn't take long for water to heat up from 25+ to 26 in a room temperature of 30 degree. Many has tried before to freezing a bottle of water and drop into the tank to cool. The ice melts really quickly, like within 20 min.

Try setting to lower than 25 and maybe the kick in interval will be longer. User 24 and then 23 to check the interval needed for the chiller to kick in.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How a chiller normally works is to maintain the temperature that you set it to be. eg: 25.1 and there is a +/- that triggers it to starts again when the temperature goes up like 1 degree. If your environment near the tank is hot then your chiller will always kicks in and out. The hotter it is the shorter the interval to kick in and out. This is normal. I would guess that your chiller doesn't kick in that fast during the night when it is cooler. Not much anyone can do in such a scenario if you have already distance your inflow and outflow to the maximum distance in your tank.

Adjusting flow rate? Do you mean to increase or decrease? Increasing is a little tough. Decreasing is easier in my thoughts right now. But decreasing the flow rate won't help if you want to increase the interval time between kick in and kick out of the chiller. To decrease, put a filter material at the inflow should decrease by a certain amount but I doubt this is what you are after. So increasing, I really have no clue without using any additional pump or likewise.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wow thank you darick. That answers alot. I had a thermometer placed out side the tank. When I check it this morning it read 31 deg......... so I guess thats y it keeps kicking in and out. Just hope my bill doest go above extra 30

since max flow rate is better, I won't touch it. Thank you again. Going to buy some firered. Heres my shrimplets from my office. Had a misshap, all shimps passed on but this little guys. Amazing how stong they can be.20140510_112029.jpg20140508_223444.jpg

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

for fire n cherry n sakura etc can kip even in 1ft nano at 32c if ur using chiller also gd, they more comfortable n can slowly try out crs later on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast