Country
    Singapore

Help for stocking

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I recently started a new tank, picking up fishkeeping as a hobby after a hiatus of many years. My tank is a 36x18x16in to a total of about 40gallons, and I am using an Eheim 2073. Its a barebottom tank with a mix of fake and real plants, the real plants namely anubias and java fern. The pH is about 6.5 and the tank has been cycled already, so ammonia levels are at a nice 0.

Current stocking:
    2x ~3" fancy goldfish (1 pearlscale and 1 ryukin)
    8x harlequin rasbora
    6x peppered cory

I am aware of the water parameter differences as well as the potential problems between goldfish and tropicals, however all of them seem to be rather happy at the moment. No signs of aggression from the pearlscale, but the ryukin was a bit nippy towards the corys when they first arrived. He's rather placid now and doesn't bother anyone anymore. My corys also ignore my goldfish completely. I may shift the goldfish to another tank should any more aggression arise.

My question is, what else can I put into this tank? I was looking at another type of schooling fish (white clouds maybe) together with a small fancy pleco for and I'd like to seek opinions on this matter.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help for stocking

haha hey I'm new here too. But can I suggest a nice group of shoaling fish (tetras?).