Country
    Singapore

Setup for Apisto

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Thinking of starting an Apisto tank but need advice first:

a) What is the best tank setup environment for Apisto- a planted tank or tank with no plant but rock and driftwood?

b) What is their favourite food??
    Concern as wife don't like worm/ live food staff,.....
    Rgds[:0] [:0]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if u intend to keep them for yr viewing pleasure then in a planted tank with lotsa driftwood/rock for hiding... but if u intend to breed them, a planted tank will oso do or a bare tank with a drifwood/rock/pot

they do prefer worms if available, but they do feed on sinking food... they r bottom feeders so flakes r kinda out... provided they do surface and search for food

I feed them with frozen bloodworm and beefheart

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thinking of starting an Apisto tank but need advice first:

a) What is the best tank setup environment for Apisto- a planted tank or tank with no plant but rock and driftwood?

b) What is their favourite food??
    Concern as wife don't like worm/ live food staff,.....
    Rgds
    Best tank Envionment really depends on yr liking a tank for themselves or you wan a commnity tank.

Breeding and Community standard do have a very big margin of survival of fry unless you have a tank like Simon does a 6footer =)

Breeding i suggest a small tank with themselves inside and lotsa hiding place for them.

Food: In the wild they eat insects in the streams like small flys that was drown, Worms they arn't very choosy about food. If for breeding, it's best to feed them Worms life or frozen it's always the best bet you get them to spawn for you =)

A tank with driftwood,stones,bogwood,claypot and lotsa them will do make them feel quite secure to breed for you.

For water,it' depends on the species itself do tell me which species and i will update you with the needed information don't worry too much either way will still do.
    Cheers!

Benetay