Images
    Country
    Malaysia

fertilizer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    when fertilizer is added into water column, does the root system or the leaves/stems take it in?
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    WOW! good question... well i have a book that illustrates that nutrients in water taken in by leaves but thats just a drawing... may not be so accuratre... lets hear from the other guys! []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    what kind of fert u toking bout?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Assuming you are talking abt liquid fertliser, the whole pants that come in contact with the water should be taking in the nutrients.

Think that the main different between aquatic plants and non-aquatic plants.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    in a way, aquatic plants absorb nutrients both by the roots and leaves... but some plants depend alot of jus one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I added liquid fertiliser on first day of my setup. added after 1 week, i can see my plants growing, ie glossostigma and xmas moss. however, i'm not sure why my riccia is not growing fast enough at the rate i would like. my riccia does bubble each time i on the lights. anything that i can do to spped up the growth rate of my riccia. i added 1 SAe, 2otos, 5 shrimps at the moment, doing just fine, tank surfaces are cleaner than before, they did a great job

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    yup! i am talking about liquid fertilizers.

i am guessing that plants would take in the liquid fertilizers from the leaves.
    when we have base fertilizers below the gravel, it seems that the nutrients will not leech into the water column unless the gravel/base fertilizers is disturbed.
    with the same reasoning, liquid fertilizer should not be able to get to the root system, right?

i know some may have encountered algae bloom once liquid fertilizer is added to the water column.
    so if we inject liquid fertilizers into the gravel by using a syringe, wouldn't we deprive algae of the fertilizer that we put into the water column?
    also the fertilizer can be placed close to the root system for easier uptake.

so any comments on this....
    thomas liew