Country
    Singapore

HELP : fishes spotted with fine white worm stick on the skin

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Anyone know what kind parasites are these ? Few of cardinals had died because of this and few more still having it. It is spreading slowly. Tried using the medication for ich but not effective. The parasite is definitely fine worm in while color which stick on multiple part of the fish body. On the dead fish, if I scratch the white fine worm which still stick but motionless.

Any medication can treat this ? Please help. It is not possible to catch those infected in my planted tank.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    anyone has any clue ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Anchor worms....Contageious

I use to use a pincer to pull the worm out....but it has to be on the fins only...(not on the body or eye area), but think its not the correct way. - Medication
    Get medication quickly.... else yr fishes may be "too injured" to recover. There are medication specific for anchor worms...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:37986b4d5c="JT"]Anchor worms....Contageious

I use to use a pincer to pull the worm out....but it has to be on the fins only...(not on the body or eye area), but think its not the correct way. - Medication
    Get medication quickly.... else yr fishes may be "too injured" to recover. There are medication specific for anchor worms...[/quote:37986b4d5c]

Any effective achor worms medication for planted tank , without harming the plants ?

Right now I am doing frequent water change (3 days once) and run UV light for 1 day after water change then dose fertilizer.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:59361851b3="neon"][quote:59361851b3="JT"]Anchor worms....Contageious

Get medication quickly.... else yr fishes may be "too injured" to recover. There are medication specific for anchor worms...[/quote:59361851b3]

Any effective achor worms medication for planted tank , without harming the plants ?

Right now I am doing frequent water change (3 days once) and run UV light for 1 day after water change then dose fertilizer.[/quote:59361851b3]

The medication kills the plants.
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda