Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: UP 1L aluminium co2 & intense regulator help!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

UP 1L aluminium co2 & intense regulator help!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi all, need some help here. i got myself a UP 1L aluminium cylinder (paintball) type connected to my intense solenoid. i am trying to turn off/ close the cylinder. when i turn to both ends, there are bubbles still coming out on my bubble counter. there is no manual or arrow indicator on the cylinder. feels like i am a noob hahah… can i assume that turning clockwise like all others screws is to turn it off?

also, any bros here using the intense solenoid? mine is making some "tak tak tak" sound once in a while. wonder if you guys experience it too… thanks in advance…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: UP 1L aluminium co2 & intense regulator help!!!

wait few more minutes. there might be residual pressure. Any bubble on the bubble counter after you turn off?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    wait few more minutes. there might be residual pressure. Any bubble on the bubble counter after you turn off?
    thanks for replying bro shadow, when you mean turn off, you mean turn off the regulator or the cylinder. when the solenoid is turned off, yes the bubbles stop after awhile. but when i shut the cylinder (i.e.. turn the knob fully clockwise or anti), i notice the bubble counter not slowing down. not really a problem at the moment, but don't want to wait until when i need to close the cylinder then start to panic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

o... really even after a while the bubble still out at bubble counter? The main valve might be broken then. If it is true then for your safety do not unscrew the regulator until your tank is depleted.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Everlance View Post
    thanks for replying bro shadow, when you mean turn off, you mean turn off the regulator or the cylinder. when the solenoid is turned off, yes the bubbles stop after awhile. but when i shut the cylinder (i.e.. turn the knob fully clockwise or anti), i notice the bubble counter not slowing down. not really a problem at the moment, but don't want to wait until when i need to close the cylinder then start to panic.
    I'm confused by what you wrote bro.
    When you shut the cylinder valve (ONLY the cylinder valve), there will be residue CO2 inside the the regulator, so there will still be bubbles inside your bubble counter. You need to wait for awhile for it to finish.

I also got a UP 1L aluminium cylinder, mine got indication on/off at the valve. I think it's best you check with your CO2 tank vendor, which direction to turn to shut down and write it down bro.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

o... really even after a while the bubble still out at bubble counter? The main valve might be broken then. If it is true then for your safety do not unscrew the regulator until your tank is depleted.
    yeah, i better not unscrew the regulator first...

Quote Originally Posted by wuguidan View Post
    I'm confused by what you wrote bro.
    When you shut the cylinder valve (ONLY the cylinder valve), there will be residue CO2 inside the the regulator, so there will still be bubbles inside your bubble counter. You need to wait for awhile for it to finish.

I also got a UP 1L aluminium cylinder, mine got indication on/off at the valve. I think it's best you check with your CO2 tank vendor, which direction to turn to shut down and write it down bro.
    hi, i know that there are labels on the knob. but there is no arrow on the cylinder to indicate which part of the knob it is at. to shut your cylinder's valve, you have to turn it fully clock or anti-clock? i'll take a look at my cylinder again in the evening after work.

what about the intense solenoid, any bros encounter this issue before?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

to close turn clockwise, to open turn anti clockwise
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

to close turn clockwise, to open turn anti clockwise
    thanks, shadow... i think what you said is right. the cylinder valve might have broke thats is why i have the tak tak tak sound. i guess i wont open it until the tank is empty. when it becomes empty then i will see how. cheers...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

apologise to hijack this thread. I'm facing a problem where the connection of air tubing-regulator leaks. tried to remove the air tubing to no avail. anyone can advise on the dismantling/troubleshooting?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by furyprix View Post
    apologise to hijack this thread. I'm facing a problem where the connection of air tubing-regulator leaks. tried to remove the air tubing to no avail. anyone can advise on the dismantling/troubleshooting?
    hi there, you are using the intense solenoid regulator right? are you using soft tubing or the hard co2 resistant tubing? it is recommended that you use co2 resistant tubing to all regulators.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, I'm using the intense solenoid regulator with hard tubing connected to the regulator. I did a leak check, found out that this connecting part is leaking. So I was trying to remove the tubing so as to redo the connection, but it was stuck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

use pen knife and cut the hose
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How about the other end 'inside' the regulator? pull it out by force? Will this damage the regulator?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How about the other end 'inside' the regulator? pull it out by force? Will this damage the regulator?
    If the tubing end inside of the regulator is secured by an outlet collar nut, you'll need to unscrew it then the tubing can be removed fully, otherwise the outlet collar nut will still grip onto part of the the tubing.

If you cut the tubing and part of it is still stuck on the outlet nozzle, then just do a length-wise cut along the stuck bit of tubing and peel it off the nozzle.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

thanks for the tip, managed to get it out after using 3 different scissors.

but now comes another problem, I have no idea how to deal with the additional collar that swivels around, do I need to remove it to attach a new airline?

earlier during the leakage test, it was that part that was leaking bubbles..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

thanks for the tip, managed to get it out after using 3 different scissors.

but now comes another problem, I have no idea how to deal with the additional collar that swivels around, do I need to remove it to attach a new airline?

earlier during the leakage test, it was that part that was leaking bubbles..
    If its a collar nut, then you need to thread the tubing through it, push the tubing into the outlet nozzle, then screw on the collar nut to secure the tubing. Make sure you don't tighten it too much though as that might sometimes cut into the tubing, just twist until you feel some resistance is sufficient.

I guess if that area is leaking, its probably either the tubing isn't connected securely or the nozzle may be damaged, have to check and troubleshoot.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Went down to aquatic avenue to let the pros take a look. Turned out it was just the issue of the old tube, works fine now