2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Need advice on CO2 setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi I recently tried to attach the outlet hose from my bubble counter to the inline diffuser but seconds after connection/running, the hose came off due to pressure build up in it. Not sure if I set this up wrongly. Appreciate if someone can advise me on correct setup. I never had this problem before when the hose was connected to a ceramic diffuser. Attached is a picture on how I connect to the inline diffuser. Also bought a CO2 indicator yesterday and instruction says submerge it in water but wouldn't water flow into it given its design (2nd photo). Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need advice on CO2 setup

You need to change your tubing to the CO2 type, which is harder and less flexible. Normal air tubing won't be able to make it.

If I'm not wrong, the CO2 indicator has to have water in it in order to give you a reading!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, you are using an inline atomizer/diffuser, those require higher pressure to work properly and it looks like you are using normal soft flexible airline silicone tubing for connecting all the parts (those are designed for air pumps, not Co2)... you should be using Co2-resistant tuning which are typically very rigid and hard, those will be able to withstand the higher pressure build up and not disconnect under pressure.

As for the Co2 drop checker/indicator, when you put it into the tank, do so with the opening facing directly downwards into the water, a pocket of air will naturally form inside which will separate the aquarium water from the indicator solution.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 27th Jul 2014 at 22:35.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you for all your advice. I bought the tubes and they are working fine now. Much appreciated....I learnt something new again!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

make sure correct your check valve direction. Did you see anything on the bubble counter?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score

My plants aren't pearling despite me upping the co2. .any reason for it? Co2 on 1.5bps. .light is aquazonic super sun..10000k. .

Apologies to TS for hijacking thread..didn't want to take up too much forum bandwidth by opening another thread since similar topic. .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    make sure correct your check valve direction. Did you see anything on the bubble counter?
    Yup working well. Thanks for reminding.