Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Scarlet badis with cherry shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm going to rescape my main tank, it will be planted and there will be many hideouts for the shrimplets. So if I'm going to transfer my scarlet badis in there, will it attack the shrimps ? (This scarlet badis killed all my boraras Brigittae in my previous tank) And will it eat planaria or other small creatures like seed shrimp in the main tank ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Scarlet badis with cherry shrimp

Badis will feed on small creatures yes. Enough food provided and it won't kill all your shrimps
    Loving crypts <3

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If I were to add other fishes such as boraras Brigittae in inthe future, will the badis leave them alone ? And any lfs near the north region sells boraras Brigittae ? Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Can't answer your question with confidence cause I've never had that aggressive badis.
    Loving crypts <3

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bangwalldie View Post
    I'm going to rescape my main tank, it will be planted and there will be many hideouts for the shrimplets. So if I'm going to transfer my scarlet badis in there, will it attack the shrimps ? (This scarlet badis killed all my boraras Brigittae in my previous tank) And will it eat planaria or other small creatures like seed shrimp in the main tank ?
    If I were to add other fishes such as boraras Brigittae in inthe future, will the badis leave them alone ? And any lfs near the north region sells boraras Brigittae ? Many thanks.
    Hey bro, kept exactly the species you mentioned all together. Scarlet Badis can be aggressive from what I read online. The trick would be to keep a reasonable number and provide enough space for them.

I've seen them take a peck at my shrimps (Cherry, Sakura, Malayan, Yamato, Red Nose), but no more than a peck! I kept all of them in a 3ft tank though. Not too sure what happens when the lights are turned off! Haha.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see many thanks. So will I get to see the badis often or will he be hiding ? If anyone know which LFS inthe north region sells boraras Brigittae please do tell me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I see many thanks. So will I get to see the badis often or will he be hiding ? If anyone know which LFS inthe north region sells boraras Brigittae please do tell me.
    Depends on the size of other fishes that you intend to keep. Mine were approximately the same size, corydoras pgymys mostly with a handful of shrimps, so I could see them. Just based on my experience. Should let the gurus out there to share theirs 👍

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see many thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm interested to find out too! I want to try adding a bigger fish such as rams into my planted tank. But I'm worried about my cherry shrimps. Please update if you tried it.