Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

marine fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Current having a cute wall mount aquarium. I intent to get a marine fish set up (3ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft)

1) Should i get a a complete package( tank cabinet and filtration system) by a shop or should i get them separately?
    2) Any recommendations?

Smallboy4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: marine fish

You should approach a shop to inquire first regarding the setup. From your picture, I am not sure about the view from behind, whether you have space for a sump, skimmer, lighting, chiller and a whole set of other stuff if you need them. In my opinion, if you want something "simple" just go FOWLR (Fish-Only-With-Live-Rock) which is simplest and nicest - just fishes. You may have "simple" soft corals in a FOWLR tank, but hard corals require lots of equipment for their up-keeping. So from you picture, this is the best advice I can give you. Show a view of the current tank setup from behind the wall.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It's flush to the wall. I intend to remove it completely and get a standalone cabinet with tank size of 3*1.5*1.5 ft

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This is the set up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just curious about your wall-mounted setup... how do you access the tank from the top for cleaning and maintenance? Look like only a tiny gap to access it.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

There's a 10cm to play around with...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've not been in the marine foray for too long but I've got some advice (that were afforded to be by other friendly forum-ers)

IMO, the setup and upkeep of marine tanks require a lot more effort as compared to freshwater aquaria. Try reading up in detail before you start lest ending up flustered if you encounter a problem that you have no idea how to address.

I would definitely suggest going with a FOWLR (fish only with live rock) first before going on to keep soft/hard corals. However, in case you may be interested in keeping corals/sensitive invertebrates in the future, I suggest to set up a proper quarantine tank and QT/treat your fishes there instead of the display tank. Medication can seep into live rocks and linger/slowly release chemicals so its just better not to dose (especially copper) medication into the display tank and adhere to proper quarantine procedures.

Another thing is acclimatisation. Marine livestock need to be properly acclimatised and IMO much more carefully than in freshwater.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks pcw

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have the similar wall mount tank, using it as shrimp tank because its sooooo narrow. I had thoughts about converting it to a seahorse tank but because of weird mounted setup, I have no idea how to hook up the chiller for it haha.

In my opinion, wall mount tanks are nice to look at, but quite restrictive in what you can do with it.