Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Hatching Fundulopanchax gardneri 'Lokoja'

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang, Singapore
    Posts
    3,148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re:

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    90% of the pictures I take are with flash. Can' live without them
    Benny,
    Why not share with us more details on equipment used, settings etc, so we don't have to ask a question one at a time?

    I was privileged to get some images of my Otocinclus fry but the quality of these pictures were miles from yours. Sparing the budget of your 'toys', I'm still very eager to learn and achieving 50% of what you've done with the 'Lokoja' eggs, is quite satisfying already.

    BTW, my Corydoras fry pics, shot in a plastic spoon, weren't that hot either

    Any advice, here or at the other place, will be most appreciated.
    Last edited by benny; 7th Nov 2007 at 13:23.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Beauty World
    Posts
    7,114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    789
    Country
    Singapore

    Re:

    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    Why not share with us more details on equipment used, settings etc, so we don't have to ask a question one at a time?

    I was privileged to get some images of my Otocinclus fry but the quality of these pictures were miles from yours. Sparing the budget of your 'toys', I'm still very eager to learn and achieving 50% of what you've done with the 'Lokoja' eggs, is quite satisfying already.

    BTW, my Corydoras fry pics, shot in a plastic spoon, weren't that hot either

    Any advice, here or at the other place, will be most appreciated.
    Hi Ronnie,

    The original intent was to post these pictures for a killifish discussion. Seem like most of the folks that borthered are more interested in the photography than the subject. Perhaps I should have taken pictures of the adult fishes to do them justice.

    In any case, congratulations on the otocinclus and corydoras spawnings. I would say that those pictures are already above average and better than what most have posted online.

    The pictures posted earlier were taken with Canon MP-E 65 mm 1- 5 X Macro lens, with a shutter speed of 1/500 seconds and an aperture of f16. The shutter speed is to avoid camera shake and the aperture to ensure maximum depth of field. I also mounted a Canon Speedlite MT-24EX in front of the lens to ensure proper illumination from both sides. ISO setting was at 100. Grain/noise really discount a lot of the details.

    The eggs were placed on a dish (plastic tau huay kong lid) and the camera was mounted on a tripod and positioned above the subject for the shoot.

    The whole series from eggs to fry took about 15 minutes.

    Hope the above is informative. If you like, I can always do a session at your place. You never seem to be short of fry for shooting.

    Cheers,
    Last edited by benny; 7th Nov 2007 at 13:23.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •