Country
    Singapore

Tried and Tested LED lights

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey bros

It would be nice if everyone using LEDs could share their brand, model, how long you've been using it and any decrease in output or any flaws and problems

It would be a great help to me and anyone who wants a go-to place for solid information. Thanks in advance and I hope people will contribute!! ^^

I just bought my first LED light today from Polyart at C328. Its a UpAqua C series with 0.5×6 watts LEDs. Model: PRO LED N25
    It is 24.5×4.5×0.9 (L×B×H)cm
    It lights up my 60×30×35 (L×B×H)cm tank very brightly with a nice rippling effect observable.
    Only flaw so far is that it requires a universal adaptor as its power point is a flat rectanglular 2pin for Taiwan.

Will update on effect on plant growth and output.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tried and Tested LED lights

Seems like you are going for a shady amazonian biotope look with spot-light style effect? Those lights you choose do look suitable for such a setup.

For me, i've been using the Up Aqua Z-Series LED light models for all my tanks since 2012. The Z-20 model (60cm version) that i use for my 2ft tanks runs at around 21W and many people already consider that "low" light for planted tanks, but it works well for my own tank setups as i prefer to moderate plant growth via a more conservative usage of lights, so its much easier to keep the tanks in balance (i'm a lazy chap, not too keen on having to constantly maintain my tanks). Hence even through weeks of neglect, algae issues would still be negligible.

So far, my longest serving Z-Series light set (the 1st generation version that uses 0.06W LEDs) has lasted me for more than 2 years, its still running perfectly and the brightness/intensity is still the same as when it was new (i test compared it recently side-by-side with a brand new set to check).

On a side note, i've had friends using high-end LED lights like the MaxSpect Razor on the exact same sized 2ft tanks too, those lights cost like $500+ and run at 120W... so it just goes to show how widely different various tank setups (and their costs) can be.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hahaha.. I look like and feel like I am on an LED collection hunt...

Currently what I have:
    Maxspect Razor (For high or low maintenance also possible as lights are dimmable) 9/10 for function 10/10 for Aesthetics hahha

Zetlight 17000 For Nano (11W I think) Great for up to 30 x 30 x 30cm. Didnt work well on my 36cm x 24 x 22cm tank. Some shade

Beamworks Clip on 6 x 3W lights (Great for up to 40cm. 2 functions. 9W or 18W lighting up) Fantastic for small tanks but built not as nice and I dropped adaptor once and now a little loose as cracked. Adaptor can be bought at $5 so its still usable -Value for money for up to 45cm i think

Aqualighter Nano - 4.5W Still testing but not suitable for anything above 30cm... BUt form factor is superb 10/10 for aesthetics. I guess good for low maintenance and mid to low lighting plants

UP Aqua clip on - This is the lousiest in terms of light and colour output.... Didnt like it. Will decommission and sell real soon... But the cheapest!
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians View Post
    Hahaha.. I look like and feel like I am on an LED collection hunt...

Currently what I have:
    Maxspect Razor (For high or low maintenance also possible as lights are dimmable) 9/10 for function 10/10 for Aesthetics hahha

Zetlight 17000 For Nano (11W I think) Great for up to 30 x 30 x 30cm. Didnt work well on my 36cm x 24 x 22cm tank. Some shade

Beamworks Clip on 6 x 3W lights (Great for up to 40cm. 2 functions. 9W or 18W lighting up) Fantastic for small tanks but built not as nice and I dropped adaptor once and now a little loose as cracked. Adaptor can be bought at $5 so its still usable -Value for money for up to 45cm i think

Aqualighter Nano - 4.5W Still testing but not suitable for anything above 30cm... BUt form factor is superb 10/10 for aesthetics. I guess good for low maintenance and mid to low lighting plants

UP Aqua clip on - This is the lousiest in terms of light and colour output.... Didnt like it. Will decommission and sell real soon... But the cheapest!
    Great sharing, Phillipians!
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi folks,

Don't mind recommend me a 2 or 3 feet LED lighting set that can reach up to a 2 feet height tank?

Thank you!
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau