Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Panda loach behaviour - sharing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Right I know this might be the invertebrates column, but just want to share some information as panda loaches are normally associated with shrimps keeping.

What I found out from my panda loaches behavior, might not be 100% true but hope can share with fellow hobbyist out there.

Background is like this, i have 3 panda loaches in my shrimp tank for about 3 weeks. They are very fun to look at and they thrive on company, meaning more friends of its kind and also eat alot. (when you drop food into the tank, they are the first to reach always)

However, recently put indian almond leaves into the tank, reason being able to bring down ph and maybe even promote shrimp breeding (test try). Within a few hours, my loaches seems to "hide" which is not their usual self and as soon as i know it, 2 of them died. The last one was barely surviving and I immediately took out the leave and blast my filter to max. The next day, my last loach started to behave normally again but too late, I murdered his 2 friends.

Hope this info is helpful to bros out there who keep panda loaches.

This is what i observed.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Panda loach behaviour - sharing

But your shrimp was ok? Normally i thought shrimp will be more sensitive than fishes...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Panda loach behaviour - sharing

My Shrimp were all fine and behave as normal. But I do read online that panda loach wasn't really a much researched into fish...